Bottom leaves turning yellow on weed seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tkarami, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Hey all,

I am a first time grower and I've ran into a little problem, the bottom two leaves have started turning yellow and I am unsure as too why.

I was growing this little plant outside at first but over the last three days the weather hasn't been the best so I've brought it inside and put it under a light.

The light I have is just a cheap one from ebay, will post a link to it.

3000W LED Grow Light Hydroponic Full Spectrum Indoor Flower Veg Plant Lamp Panel | eBay

That is the light I have.

I don't have a grow tent just as of yet and its something I'm gonna invest in.

Here is what I'm looking at getting.

Greenfingers Grow Tent Kits Grow Light LED Hydroponic Grow System 4" Carbon | eBay

Anyways so back to my little plant, heres a few pictures of it.
    20201211_232305.jpg 20201211_232257.jpg

My setup for the light is just a box wrapped with some aluminum foil, please don't laugh its just temporary.

20201211_232530.jpg

Okay and finally, the soil etc... that I'm using.
    20201212_094918.jpg 20201212_094937.jpg 20201212_094931.jpg

Any help towards this would be much appreciated as it is my very last plant.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

2. Wait, you mean the cotyledons? That’s totally normal. They feed the plant while it grows its first leaves then die.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Omg, thank you so much didn't know thats what they were called. I've been worried but if they are meant to go that colour while providing nutrition to the plant then happy days.

Once the first leaves die i'm assuming it will be the cotyledons leaves that will turn brown and wither up then just fall off or will I have to pick then off.

Kind Regards,
    Tim

4. How’s the drainage on those cups, top leaves look a lil droopy. have u started feeding nutes yet?

5. There is enough drainage on the bottom of the cup. Here's a picture before I put the soil in the cup.
    20201211_230929.jpg

I ended up watering it a little too much over the last couples days so I won't be watering it again until the leaves are standing up again.

6. What’s the temp of ur grow area do u have a fan on them? It’ll help dry em out faster.

7. Im unsure of the temp and I don't have a fan in there. Its a pretty cool overcast day atm.

8. It’s a start man I like my grow areas between 68*-80*

9. So I know that the bottom two leaves are meant to turn yellow eventually dying and falling off.

My concern is the next two weed leaves that seem to be losing its colour and turning a pale yellow.

20201215_161919.jpg

Is this normal, and if not how do I rectify it?