Bottom leaves of my plants are dieing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hondacrf150f1, Aug 2, 2008.

1. My 2 columbia gold plants have lately had the bottom sets of leaves die. They are turning a dark green or brown color and getting all hard and dieing. Im not sure if this is natural or not? I did have some tinfoil in the closet there in so i moved that thinking it had burned them???

Any suggestions? should i not worry?

2. is it flowering? if so thats normal

3. no its only 4 weeks into the grow.
    Still in vegetative state

its on 24 hour light, and im thinking of giving it newt sticks about know. As its 4 weeks in, maby the newt sticks will help?

4. Tin foil usualy absorbs light instead of reflecting it. That causes the light energy to turn to heat, so the aluminum ends up with hot spots all over it. With 24 light, depending on what ur using for light, that could get pretty hot If those leaves that died off were near the aluminum that may be the prob. If they weren't, it could be a number of things.

5. Just so ya know nute stick are very bad for cannabis. It is extremely hard to time flushing the nutes out, and even if you do the odds are you still wont get all of it out and your pot will have a bad chemical taste and pop when it burns.Also if you get nute burn it is very hard to correct. Please don't use nute sticks, just get some good nutes and stay away from any miracle grow.
    The tin foil like everyone said is bad, good job takin it out. If you could post some pics that would really help. Just so ya know,even during veg leaves naturally die off,i remove a few from each plant every few days or so. Though they usually do turn yellow before they get crunchy it isnt always that way. Hope I have helped, lata.

6. my lowest leaves die alt he time i usually just think its cuz no light is getting to them so there more or less a drain on the plant and the plant doesnt really need them, light only penetrates so far into the canopy.

7. agreed, only worry if it spreads.

8. Dark green and crispy usually means overfeeding. Make sure you aren't or your buds will taste like ass. How are the rest of the leaves looking?

9. Over feeding? The only thing there getting is water:confused:

10. ya straight water you have no over feeding problems. the guy up there was mentioning nitrogen toxicity. which is in no way what you have, after my plants get a foot tall the 400 watt cant penetrate too the dirt. so the bottem leaves die off, if you wanna stop that move some cfls around the canopy lower down and it'd be ok. as long as they dont die off at the top you dont have a problem.

11. What kinda soil? Some chemically fertilized MG soils will burn plants too with no other feeding. Especially young plants.