Bottom leaves dying on both plants, what could it be?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JonnyD, Dec 6, 2012.

1. This is my first grow and i am doing quite well but over the past week the lower leaves pm both plants are sagging and dying. Although the rest of the plant is very perky and a lovely green colour. I was using a 45 watt CFL but have now changed to a 125 watt. Anyone know what could be wrong and should i remove the dying leaves? Got a few photos i will try and upload. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1049342

ForumRunner_20121206_204618.png

ForumRunner_20121206_204534.png

2. What's your ph/medium? And also have you fed anything and how much?

3. My ph is just rough at the minute as i am only using litmus paper but it is in the 6-7 range. My medium is a soil mix, i used a peat free grow bag and mixed in 30% perlite, 10% bat guano and 10% worm castings. As yet i have not fed them, they are 5 week old and were re-potted 2week ago so was just starting to think about nutes. Is there any you would recommend? Thanks for your reply.

4. You have a P deficiency(99% certain). Hopefully your new light will help the plant from stretching. How close is the light from the plant?

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud

5. Does the p stand for potassium? Any recs on a decent nutrient to start using on them? The plants are stretched but that was due to me leaving them in the dark too long, always had my light 2" away from them but they are responding great to the new light. Thanks for the info mate and good luck with the big bud.

6. P is phosphorus. I use advanced nutrients myself an am happy with them but they are expensive. Lighting issue seems rectified, good job. Keep vigilant and you'll have a good harvest. Happy growing bro

7. Yeah feel like i am learning all the time and there seems to be so much to take in. Looking online for nutes now. Thanks for your help fella.

8. Not a problem. There's definitely a lot to this which is good because there's more of a sense of accomplishment at harvest. I'm happy sharing the little bit of knowledge I've picked up. Just pay that shit forward when you can. Happy gardening bro.