Bottom Leaves Dying/Drying Up - Hydro HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by prochobo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. What type of medium; hydro?
    Indoors or outdoors? indoor
    What strain? White Widow & Skunk #1
    How old are the plants? ~8 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 12x 26w CFLS
    How far from the lights? 2" from top
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Emptying buckets/refilling every week
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Lucas formula, ~900ppm
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? ~5-6ph (only have a liquid tester), 900ppm
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75F, no idea on humidity
    What size pots? 5 Gal buckets
    Any bugs? Look real close. Had some spider mites, think its under control now
    Any other pertinent info? Dunno what else to say

Problem has been persistent for about a month. I'm following the Lucas Formula to the dot and keeping my PH in check, at least I think. I'm not really sure as to what to add to cure this deficiency. I think it could be a phosphorus deficiency according the the pictures I've seen.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a Mag deficiency,pic #4 is a good illustration of a mag def leaf. Mag gets locked out in hydro with a PH between 2.0-5.7 :smoke: Just a thought Good Luck

3. That is a bushy plant!!!
    Maybe its just not getting any light down under there.
    How does the new growth look? What speed are you getting new leaves?
    Place some more CFL's on the sides or under the plant

4. I see. Well, if that's true, then out goes the recommendation of keeping PH at around 5.5 for hydro.

On another note, before my last reservoir flush, I had my PH at 6.x (can't tell exact due to liquid tester) and the plants seemed to do alright, but I still got the same dying leaves.

There aren't any side lights, but my buddies plants right next to mine have no problems, so I doubt it's the lights. 2-3 weeks ago, the growth was pretty good. They got bushy, but not necessarily taller. Now, it seems like they've slowed down a bit and aren't getting very much taller.

On another note, that chick Faye Reagan in your avatar is fucking hot.

5. You like Faye? Me too, I'm so into the redhead thing right now.

I started with the drops & color chart. What a pain in the ass it was.
    Here is a cheap tester
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-Pocket-TDS-4-Quality/dp/B0002T6L5M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1248215575&sr=8-3]Amazon.com: HM Digital Pocket Size TDS Meter TDS-4 Water Quality Tester: Home & Garden[/ame]

I have a Eco PH1 tester but I can't find a link for it.

A digital tester is so vital to a grow!

6. I'd go with the nute lockout, DWC likes 5.7-6.2/.3 imo. Also, with a plant that bushy, how's the root zone looking? Airstones( if that's what ur using) clogged, wrapped in roots? sometimes you get dying off leaves from too little oxygen in the water.