bottom leaves are yellow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by FatWhiteKid420, Jul 20, 2007.

1. On my one plant the bottom leaves are pretty yellow/brown I don't know if this is gonna be a

big deal but eh I wanted to know. Also I see holes in some of my leaves but I don't see any

damn bugs anywhere I used to have these white little things around it I think they are called white flies but I haven't seen them since I moved it. :confused:

2. Can you post pics

1. Soil or soilless & brand name of soil , hydro?
    2. PH of medium?
    3. PH run off?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps

3. Ok well I went up there today and the leaves arent very yellow anymore but something ate of the leaves off so I looked around and couldnt find anything except these little green moth looking things on a few leaves so I blew them off but I dont think one if those things could eat a whole leaf.. oh and its outdoor the normal temp for around here is about 75-85 F. They are about 1 1/2 old.

4. those little moth like things are now in the adult stage of their lives, they used to be little caterpilers, and all they do is eat.
    a whole leaf?
    maybe!
    but there should be at least something left at the base of the leaf though.

5. Steep 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic in 20 ml of vegetable oil for 24 hours.
    Add 1 litre of water and 10 ml of liquid dish soap.
    Strain.
    Spray on plants every 4 or 5 days. undersides of leaves in particular

6. Yes there was a little bit left of the leaf and I got the garlic in the oil right now so thx

wait fuck I put it in conola oil does it matter?

7. you dont need that shit just make sure your intake is screened off so no pregnant moths and shit like that cant get sucked into your room and lay theyre eggs, other than that keep your humidity relatively low and keep your room clean so that not to attract spidermites and you should be fine for any insect problems.

8. ,

Yeah not so good.....

what do you expect him to do with the bugs you just had him screen in, let em have a dinner party, making the other bugs watching outside the screen jealous:rolleyes:

& most spidermites come in your grow room on you!

remedies ("that shit")are required

9. well i know that in my room when that happened to me a couple months back when
    a couple leaves got eaten, I put a screen on my intake and that stopped anymore from entering
    the ones that were in my room either got sucked out my exhaust fan or they just died off somewhere in my room, either way my problem ceased to exist.

as for mites, i find that if u turn off circulation fans upon entry, and disinfect walls and floor every 2-3 days, they dont get a chance to settle in.

when I say "that shit" I dont mean its shit literally, its just faster to type
    and i never said that shit doesnt work, i just dont think its necessary for this particular case is all
    no disrespect intended

10. Its an outdoor plant..

11. outdoor plant eh? well that changes everything,
    you shouldnt have to worry about it then that shit always happens outside...as long as it only a couple leaves though.
    maybe you should do what ganja said just as a preventative measure.
    although I grow outside and that shit doesnt seem to affect my plants at all.

12. If its one leaf dont worry
    although preventative measures outdoors arent a bad idea, depending where you live there are certain insects that hatch in certain areas

if you live in the flyway of certain butterflies as I do , as an example, you need some sort of repellant or you may loose your plant to catapillars.depends where you live, I also have deer & other wildlife to contend with, preventative measures are a must for people in my area

Personal call, If you have the time & interest in your plants ......spray your plants and be safe .......... I put too much effort into my plants to loose them to bugs or deer

13. Allright I gonna go up there tommorow and spray it. Oh and I live in in the mid west and I know here we have alot of butterflies so what could i put on it so they wont mess with it. I dont really think I have to worry about dears.

14. i have this problem too. but i only saw one moth and it was like white with bright neon green on its wings. the moth was pretty tiny. and on another plant i think i might be getting spidermites. should i treat for spidermites even if im not sure i have them? and also does anyone have any good mixtures to kill the spidermites?