botanicare and coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by SauchBoss, Jul 9, 2010.

1. i am starting my first coco grow and i bought botanicare nutrients. Does anyone use this line of nutrients? how does it work?

2. We used and on some girls still use the CNS line made for coco with excellent results! You will love it. The CNS line will "magickally" take your PH right to the 5.8 mark for you. Just so easy to work with. :wave:

3. awesome. I am starting veg but i got the Pure Blend instead of cns... what is the difference between the two?

4. Hi there! The Pure Blend is the 'hydro-organic' type while CNS17 is chemical based. I haven't tried the Pure Blaned but I've talked to some who have used both and CNS seems to be the favorite every time and it's designed with coco in mind.

I like Botanicare products, they always work well for me, I don't think you can go wrong with either one :) I would def supplement with CalMag though.

5. thanks ed, i have the CalMag and the veg nutes already so I think im good to go for veg right now. the girls seem to be doing well, my only problem has been due to the fact that the clones were under florescent their whole lives and so when i threw them under the HPS they kinda drooped on me. They are starting to perk up though..

Also, i have a couple little burned marks on my bigger fans...could that be from them going from florescent to hps?? I have seen it happen to plants that go from florescent to sunlight

what are some good botanicare nutrients to use for flower? if you could, please list them

thank you!

6. I use the CNS17 Bloom & Ripe for coco/soil with the Botanicare CocoGro and it's a great little system. 15-20ml in a gal of RO and 5ml of CalMag gets it right to 5.8ph, perfect and convenient LOL

7. I was using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro on mine and they worked fine. My only issue I had was that it took my PH too low, down into the 3's....so just make sure your watching that.

I started adding potassium silicate (Bloom Silica) to my R/O, letting that sit at least a couple hours (overnight preferably) and that brought the base PH up to around 9, after the addition of CalMag, Pure Blend, Liquid Karma the PH drops to about 6.2 or so, a couple drops of PH down and bingo.

8. Never used the botanicare nutes, but their cocogro is some get stuff. Some for the best coco I've gotten so far. I get the smaller bricks so I don't have to saw them down if i only need a little. 1 brickand about 3\4 of a gallon of water will get u about 3gal of coco. GL, and keep it up, your gonna love coco

9. thats interesting about the PBP taking it too low. I am only using about 10ml of PBP/gallon right now and my ph is still around 6.5 so I've been adding some ph down. Do you think once i start using like 20ml/gallon i'll see more of a change out of the ph?

10. Are you using R/O? It's going to depend on the starting range of your water for sure. I posted that primarily so you would pay attention to it. My first two waterings in Coco, I wasn't paying attention and was watering at 3.2 LOL...

11. haha damn 3.2 doesn't sound fun!

thanks for the heads up, i am using regular old tap water and letting it sit out uncovered for a couple days between waterings so the chlorine evaporates. My tap usually comes out at around 7 or so