Botanicals

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MI Wolverine, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Marijuana would have to be grown outdoors for it to accumulate the elements and compounds, correct?

2. I brew in opaque plastic trash cans. There is probably a small amount of light bleeding through, but I like them exposed more for the heat created rather than the light.

I know that some compounds are photo sensitive so it's probably a good idea to put a tarp or some black plastic over the container to insure that they're light proof.

Thanks for the heads up MIW.

chunk

3. Irie67

It would depend a great deal on the soil as far as the elements but the compounds are created by the plant and most have a molecular formula of CxHxOx - not all but a huge majority.

Pretty simple carbohydrates - Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen. Assuming that the soil is dialed in then you would have a wide expression of these compounds and would be limited by the variances between HID and sunlight intensity and spectrum. That would be your biggest limitation, IMHO

HTH

LD

4. Interesting to know. Well this stuff was grown outdoors in good soil amended with all kinds of stuff including rock dust. So I am hoping to see similar results to what people talk about with comfrey but these could be high hopes.

5. yoctown

Maybe this will help - this web site has a database listing the measurable levels of elements and some compounds in various plants.

Unfortunately its interface sucks so here's how you work around it. You cannot simply type in the name of a plant and then get a list. What you have to do is type in the name of what you're looking for.

So I typed in Phosphorus in the link above which took me to this page where a list of plants with high levels of Phosphorus is provided with the plant with the highest levels at the top of the list.

In this case the first plant listed is Beets and if you click on the beet link you'll end up here and now you can review all of the elements and compounds that beets accumulate.

It would be much easier if you could simply type in the name of the plant but then again this is a project funded through USDA so factor in that I guess.

Anyway it can be a good tool once you figure out the work-arounds.

HTH

LD

6. #86 LumperDawgz2, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    Never mind

7. I want to mention that I made a comfrey tea today for human consumption, with me being the human. It was actually pretty good. I did add a little honey, not that it needed it. Maybe tomorrow I'll try nettles tea. Maybe I can sneak my plant foods in the grocery budget? Win win as they say.......MIW

8. MI W

Last spring I went to a 'how to grow plants that won't need water' garden show. There was a group from the Clackamas Sustainable Agriculture group and they were serving Stinging Nettle salad, pizza, pasta, etc.

Not my cup of tea but the health benefits are extraordinary. Like tofu - good stuff but who would eat it besides 2.x billion Asians, eh?

LOL

LD

9. 2.x billion Asians and one wolverine, we had tofu yesterday, lol.

Was this an orchid show? Those guys are true fanatics. One high school teacher I had was a respected author of several books on great lake orchids, Fred Case. Long gone now but I still respect his passion.......MIW

10. Okay then - 2.x billion plus 1

Can I get a 2? I'll even include tempeh (blech!) and even Tofurky!

Pretty fair on my part, eh? LMAO

LD

11. Ya fair, but at my age I want all the odds in my favor. Hopefully, like a fat guy drinking diet drinks, this will make up for transgressions.

I was a bonified vegetarian for a couple years, more due to carnal reasons, than to save the planet, although both are valid. But those years, my health was tip top. I was hiking/backpacking a lot and felt great physically.

Now most of my diet decisions are related to what wine goes with what food choice. Lately i'm on a aged white cheese kick, matched of course, with high end italian wines.(amarone, montepulchiano) Not good for health perhaps, but damn it's good.

And that might explain the occasional tofu purge.......MIW

12. MI W

I used to fake being a vegetarian 'back in the day' when it meant that the 'target field' was increased, i.e. Bahama Mamas in So-So-Cal were really into this deal.

Heck for a hot horizontal bump I would have been anything any woman with a bodacious set of ta-tas wanted me to be!

Though a request for a role play involving me being a pre-op transsexual was a bit over the top. But given the level of tequila and amyl nitrate we were working with and her insane cocaine appetite it all worked out actually.

Bring back the 70's!!!! LMAO

LD

13. Amyl Nitrate - Poppers

That's for the youngsters!

LMAO

LD

14. Ya coke can lead one in many directions, and can be used on many body parts, if my memory serves me right.......MIW

15. God I hated coke - if you took all of the cocaine that I've actually intentionally ingested and gave it a value of $100.00 per gram you wouldn't have enough to fly out to Portland on a one-way ticket.

It belongs in douche water for the 1% - both sexes.

LD

16. I think it was Robin Williams ( of all people to quote) who said cocaine is god's cure for being rich, or was it, god's way to punish the rich. Whatever it was, coke ain't cheap, on any level, lol. I seen it really fuck up some friends. And real coke heads are completely blind as to their condition. The good news is, it seems to be fairly easy to kick. Unlike some of our other vices, or our medicine, lol.....MIW

17. I found coke pretty boring, but okay if it was free. :D

18. Whats the shelf life on the fpe? Alfalfa, dandelion, comfrey? I'll be ordering some comfrey leaf asap. Is there any danger in mixing these together?

19. [quote name='"Irie67"']Whats the shelf life on the fpe? Alfalfa, dandelion, comfrey? I'll be ordering some comfrey leaf asap. Is there any danger in mixing these together?[/quote]

x2. I found some comfrey and dandelion root at my local health food store in the bulk teas.

"I do not sniff the coke. I only smoke sensimilla" - Pato Banton

20. Yes, there all good. If I had to pick one it would be alfalfa, kelp, comfrey, lol. MIW

• Disagree Disagree x 1