Boston/mass growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by theblackguy420, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Lol ^ makes my single plant with single cola look so small

• Like Like x 1
  2. You'll probably get a pretty beefy cola if the plant is only spending its energy on the one!

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I’m headed on vacation December 27th. This plant is currently day 31 of flower- Seedbank says 50-65 days I know this is a rough guess. Any experienced growers willing to guess if I’d be able to at least harvest before the 27th? I was hoping harvest 22nd, Dry till 26 and then bottle up for cure and have someone keep up with the cure till I’m back. I know it’s tough to say just looking for ideas. Starting to get some brown hairs and Trichs are still early but starting to pack on weight and smell. First time I’ve come this far

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks good! 31 days since flip to 12/12 I'm assuming? (Not 31 since buds appeared?)

Unfortunately I doubt it will be ready to chop by then. Every strain I've grown has typically taken at least a week more than the seedbank has said. The ones I posted yesterday are a "8-9 week" strain - looks like they'll be done at the end of week 11. I've had a "10 week" autoflower go for friggin 17 weeks (and probably could have used 18-19 for ideal smokability)...

Seems a good rule is take the seedbank timing to mean after you see pistils forming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It’s actually an auto- so it’s been 31 days since first pistils were showing. I figured it may take a bit longer, which sucks because I finally get the hang of it and someone else gets to enjoy the harves haha. But she’s moving along and that’s all that matters

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah got it. So they say 50-65 total? How long was it before pistils showed up?

Once pistils start going more orange, either use a usb microscope or jeweler's loupe to examine the trichomes & determine doneness.

If you have a relatively modern phone with a good camera you could probably just take close-ups of the buds & zoom in, even. I've been using that method on the cab plants.

7. Yeah they say around that time for flowering, I planted the seed 9/12/18 so it had been in “veg” for a while before I started seeing pistils. I have a loupe I have been watching the trichomes. A lot of browning pistils which I know means you’re getting close but the trichs I’m having a hardness time getting a solid look at, seeing how the loupe is it easy to use IMO. I’ll def try with my phone and just hope that someone she speeds up. Also dont think it helps that it’s kind soil I think if anything that makes the process even longer lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 17 grams. Put in Mason jar to cure. Tried a little taste, not great but that was to be expected. Bud is in mason jar as of last night and finally starting to smell of some goodness. Until now never really a smell but my wife and bro say they smell it while I was trimming. Of course I smelled it to but don't think it was LOUD. I'm hoping a 4week cure will make a difference in smell and effect.
    Overall I'm happy with my first time growing anything in the dirt. Excited to start my next grow. Screenshot_20181127-235215_Jane.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sup folks, been trying to get used to checking out trichomes. Have a jewelers loupe and not the steadiest hand. But looking today I tried taking some shots with my phone. Any input would be great. I did see some Amber here and there one different buds and leaves but not much. To me, ALOT of cloudy (but this is literally my first time checking trichomes). Here’s some photos, let me know what ya think. I know I still have some white pistils too but the plastic-y trichomes are there to me they don’t look clear?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Definitely lots of cloudy, but you also still look like most of your pistiks are white... hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah haha I’m not sure, gonna keep an eye out each day and check everything as I near this weekend. Might have to chop due to me traveling anyway so I’ll see

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sup guys, decided to chop today due to me traveling in a couple weeks and I wanted to get the plant down cut and curing. Question, in my tent for drying I have a small oscillating fan and I put a tiny humidifier and it was still sitting at about 40-45% RH. I then put a small tub of water on the floor and it rose a bit. Is this water sitting down there ok for drying buds? Don’t wanna come this far and produce mold.

Here’s my main cola just because

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nice!

I think the water should be fine as long as your buds don't fall in it. A good RH range for drying is probably around 50% - that'll let it happen nice and slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steakbomb I appreciate you always answering man. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. My pleasure bro! I hope this thread gets active again at some point!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah man, I’m relatively new but would be cool to see this pretty active

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drying my harvest is taking freakin forever with these cold temps.
    20181209_155505.jpg
    I chopped the CBs down over the weekend of Dec 7-9. De-stemmed and put the Dec 7th batch in vaults yesterday - it *felt* crunchy, but as soon as it was in containers it started feeling damp again.

Still - got a couple hundred tips like this on the way to drying...
    20181218_090933.jpg
    Not individually huge, but with the volume I should have some pretty decent weight!

Funny enough - since the Dec 8th & 9th batches have remained in the dry tent (with a fan and near a heater) - those ones might be closer to ready to cure than the stuff I already de-stemmed!

I really hope I know the weight of all this in the next couple days...

18. Shoulda posted the before / harvest progress pics, too...
    20181207_090935.jpg 20181207_182250.jpg 20181207_201602.jpg 20181207_202301.jpg 20181208_162459.jpg 20181208_193330.jpg 20181208_195446.jpg 20181209_110448.jpg 20181209_153044.jpg
    Followed by the full tent in my last post.

All told, I think my wife and I spent about 7-8hrs trimming.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looks awesome! I got the hay smell to my buds.. think they dried to quickly also I’m still learning. But trimming is definitely not a fun time lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. #6600 Steakbomb, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    The hay smell should fade with a good curing. Do you have boveda packs? (Little packets that maintain 62% humidity in a container for ideal curing conditions)

Trimming sucks, no question. But it beats *buying* weed any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1