Born gay or choose to be gay?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Smoked All Dat, May 25, 2010.

1. Good advice, but that page has numerous references to legitimate scientific journals like Science, Scientific American, and the Journal of Animal Science. This wasn't meant to be antagonizing :)

2. I'm sorry but I just don't concern myself with other people's sexual preferences like that. Why should you care, isn't it the 21st fucking century? We have more important issues to focus on; like where the fuck did I leave my car keys!? Really though, why does this always happen to me? I wish someone would buy me one of those key finder gadget thingies, as well as some fresh chonies because I pretty much just soiled myself after listening to this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFYk8j1qzxs]YouTube - You Say Party! We Say Die! - There Is XXXX. YSP! WSD! (Niveau Zero Remix)[/ame]

now if you'll excuse me..

3. I saw on the national geographic channel that all vertebrates are conceived as females and they need a large dose of testosterone to their body and brain at a certain time during development to become a straight man. Whenever someone gets the testosterone to their body, and not their brain they are born a gay man. When they get the testosterone to their brain and not their body they are born a gay woman.

Scientists observe same sex couples in other monogamous species all the time. Particularly in birds. I will try to find a source and post back.

4. I never said that nor did anyone else. Most well-rounded adults who weren't raised by idiot parents don't really mind anyone who is gay, as they shouldn't. Society is dumb. It's funny how far we have advanced concerning electronics and science, but then human intelligence is so low.

5. A combination of a predisposition (being born gay) and the environment that the person is brought up in.

Of course the interesting thing is that if people are born gay that means there must be a gay gene. If there is a gay gene it's only passed on through procreation. Since gays can't procreate, the gay gene will eventually leave the gene pool and there won't be any more gays. Strange huh?

6. <-- not gay / could careless about gays

Id rather deal live homos than (hard) drug addicts. Let gays be gay and live their life with all the freedoms *cough* we have.

7. It's a choice.

That's my opinion and no one will ever change my mind on that one. I see no evidence that people are born that way.

That's like saying I'm born to be a drug dealer, I'm born to be a drug user... not happening. It's all about your environment and what you are exposed to.

Btw, I'm straight.

8. No, just no. People cannot control who they are attracted to. Just like how you are straight. It's not your fault that when you see a hot chick you are attracted to her. It just is what it is. So for gay people, that is what it is. You can't control who your attracted to. You can't just go "Oh Im straight but I want dick in my ass." If you said that, you must be bi, or confused. Sexual orientation is like talents. People are born with talents. If you can sing well, it's not your fault you can. Your born with it. It may take practice but you will be able to sing better than a person that wasn't born with that talent. You can't force yourself to be straight or gay, it just IS.

9. So is it choice that you are straight?

10. So you can be gay, hate that you are gay and still continue to be gay?
    You either like dicks or you dont. Simple choice.

11. If the answer is used to determine public policy making, then the response should be clear. That is, it doesn't matter.

If we're force to defend homosexuality as being predisposed, we're allowing people to treat it as a disease. If it's a choice, we're allowing people to debate the issue.

It doesn't matter what a person decides to do with their own body as long as the safety of themselves and others is not threatened.

12. Heard of homophobes?

13. Im pretty sure my younger brother is gay. (He hasnt come out of the closet, but i long story short, im pretty sure he's gay)

And If he is, there is no doubt in my mind that he was born gay. Even when he was a little kid he was very, um, feminine? Well, not like other dudes. While we were playing hockey and basketball he was at gymnastics or hanging out with a bunch of girls.

14. everybody's gay

15. I'm less gay. :p

16. heh *looks over at opposition of marijuana*

17. I've known many gay and bi people,and quite a few for most of my life. I believe this tendency was created when they were born.

I never really understood why there would be a debate to this, other than religious contradiction similarly to evolution. Of course penis and vagina are made to go together, but as humans sex is not solely procreating but lust, which is partnered with attraction. How would this attraction not be natural? What is artificial about it?

On top of that, wouldn't it make sense for a portion of the population to become gay or bisexual over the years as a form of natural population control?
    This I don't know, but you can't dismiss it as if you know the laws of the universe.

18. yeah well that's gay enough

19. Exactly. I'm pretty sure most gay people wish they were straight because of all the shit they go through, but they aren't, so they make the best of what they got. Im bi-curious and I wish I wasn't. It's not my fault im attracted to some people sometimes.

20. Being gay myself, I don't even know if I can answer that. I think I realized I might be at least slightly gay at around 5th grade. I started noticing that I found certain guy classmates to be attractive, but didn't think too much about it as I still found girls to be attractive as well.

A few curious experiences, and 5 years later, I realized that I was much more arounsed when fooling around with guys than women, and that I could also connect with them on a more intimate level. I guess reading my case you'de probably think it was choice, but I think deep down I had always known.