Borderlands

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Agalloch, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Anyone else excited for this game? I pre-ordered my copy today with like 6% off. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

2. i saw this whens it released man? looks cool

3. I think Amazon said October 20th? Not for sure.

4. It looks pretty cool the only reason im debating is because i need money. Lol.

5. Yea, I'm really looking forward to it. Any RPG like game that lets me customize to the depth that Borderlands does is a win in my book.

6. Cant wait for this game. I've been looking forward to this game since around christmas. yeah it comes out on October 20th.

7. There a trailer out that says there are over 72 bazillion weapon combination.. Sounds like a must buy for me since I'm a HUGE fan of FPS/RPGS kindof like how Fallout 3 was.

8. Looked up a demo/video on youtube, looks pretty fun. Is it gonna be like fallout 3 with all the exploring and upgrading? I hope so, that game was some crazy shit at times.

9. Its basically a first person shooter diablo 2, but with a lot more quests.

10. At first I was really disappointed when they had changed the art direction to cell shading (still am), however I've been able to overlook the cell shading and I'm probably going to give this game a try.

11. It's not cel shading. This game does not look like Zelda Windwaker. Cel shading is a SHADING technique, nothing more.

They're aiming for a 'concept art' look with heavy outlines and such.

I'm glad they changed it, it screams originality if you ask me.

12. ^ Yeah, that's one reason it really grabbed my eye. I like games that use a unique style of animation. Like in the new Persian Prince and Team fortess 2's graphics.

13. I just hope it's a good single player experience, as that will be the main reason I play it.

14. I'm looking forward to it, it looks like it will be a better version of Fallout 3. I really didn't like the combat in that game and the entire game felt slow to me. The graphics style of Borderlands also looks really good imo.

15. From what i've seen it looks like this game is aiming for an online co-op approach, i'm not sure if they've confirmed split screen yet but it probably wont be a great single player game IMO.

16. We'll see.

17. Got it pre-ordered for the ps3. 10 more days, this game looks pretty sick.

Hit me up if you wanna play some coop when it comes out.

psn- Tdigit

18. It's still technically cel shading.

Can't wait for this game. And Brutal Legends. :metal:

19. Mannn I've seen videos of its old graphics, definately looked like every other game.. but now its AWESOME. Im pretty sure there were some youtubes of it being splitscreen too! Im tired of left4dead, really need new splitscreen on my xbox. Cant wait.

20. definitely looks worth at least a dozen hours of time. I'm probably going to buy it.

Not gonna lie though, i was super pumped for fallout 3 and i was disappointed.