Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (2020) Vs The Witches (2020) ...& OTHERS

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Oct 28, 2020.

1. #1 Vee, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

Borat movie or a remake of Witches with Anne Hathaway, I got the witches and glad I did
    tho IMO secret its not as good as the 1990 movie

A young boy and his grandmother have a run-in with a coven of witches and their leader

[​IMG]
    Anne Hathaway says it would have been “disrespectful to crib” Anjelica Huston’s performance in The Witches

Stoner Value = High

Fail: in a Romanain Village supposed to be Kazak?
    Borat's Daughter in this movie is actually speaking Bulgarian, the native language of the actress Maria Bakalova, and he seems to understand her perfectly. Meanwhile, the Kazakh premier is played by a Romanian actor who says his lines in Romanian. This is a recurring joke from the first movie where Borat speaks Hebrew while his producer Azamat spoke Armenian, but seemingly they understand each other. All of this to point out that American audiences can't notice the differences in foreign languages.

Not ..not my type of funny

Stoner Value = Hmmm OK

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I Havennt Seen Other One of These Yet or The First Borat Either TBH. @vostok So I Can't Really Comment...but According To You Tho "The Witches" Is Better? It Looks Like a Cool an Interesting Movie IMO!

Did You See My My New Thread For The Rampage Movie Me an Hubby Gon Watch Tonight Later? I Heard it's Good an I Was J/W if You Seen it at All? :)

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1

3. Yes I've seen Rampage in French I think in 3d?

I was very ripped I think the rock was an animal doctor trying to cure oversized zoo animals..?
    [first lines]
    Mission Controller: Athena-1. Athena-1, come in. Athena-1, this is Control. We have negative copy on that last transmission. We are showing LOS in the command module. Please verify. Over.
    Dr. Kerry Atkins: Mission Control, this is Atkins. Something went wrong with the test. The crew is dead. Athena hull integrity is critical. I'm headed to the escape capsule.
    Mission Controller: Negative, negative. Reroute to the lab and secure the canisters before departure.
    Dr. Kerry Atkins: But the test subject is loose.
    Mission Controller: Doctor, the test subject is a rat.
    Dr. Kerry Atkins: Not anymore.
    Stoner Value = High

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Borat can be absolutely hilarious in like 5 minute chunks. What works great in small doses made a horrible movie(just my opinion). Not enough in between the 'skits' to hold together. Somehow the Ali G. character made a better movie. Never gonna win an academy award but funny enough to watch twice.

• Winner Winner x 1

5. Standard Liam Neeson stuff, great action but time is showing on this well worn actor
    but seriously cheesy story

Stoner value = Low

21st century horror, 'overly emotive' but scoring great with the returning cinema crowd
    worth a spoiler(Reviews: The Empty Man - IMDb) some say a poor translation from the comic?

On the trail of a missing girl, an ex-cop comes across a secretive group attempting to summon a terrifying supernatural entity.

Stoner Value - High

• Winner Winner x 1