Book About Economics From Mises - Free

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stewba, May 14, 2011.

1. Upside, I got to utilize my favorite feature of this site - Ignore User.

We could just have you put your money where your mouth is, Marianas. We are arguing theory and inflation in the middle of the worst economy any of us have lived through.

I bet things keep getting worse. We are following policies that your fellow trench-dwellers have been advocating for as long as I can recall. Time will tell and most likely prove you wrong, as it always has in the past.

We have a new "boom" courtesy of the same reckless fiscal and monetary policies that the Fed has used for decades. They are out of options...aside from QE3 that is.

:laughing:

Info to chew on:

Double Dip? I was discussing that very question with a gentleman in the United First International Lounge, Chicago O'Hare, last August. He and I thought yes, but my friend who is still an Obamabot said - I don't think so, I hope not!

RealClearMarkets - Don't Wait for GDP, $1,500 Gold IS the Recession

When the Dollar Falls to 1/1500th of an Ounce of Gold

Obamanomics says it's speculators driving up the price oil. Perhaps...since there is MORE than enough supply.

But perhaps it is the falling dollar? That sounds much more likely to me. Doubt you'll hear him utter those words though.

$6 Gas? Could Happen if Dollar Keeps Getting Weaker

Obama blames speculators for rising U.S. fuel prices | Reuters

Dollar weakens against most major currencies

Mexico peso jumps to near 2-1/2-year high vs dollar

McDonald's warns of higher food inflation - Yahoo! Finance

The Only True Standard of Value by Richard Russell

Silver Set to Soar as Paper Folds? by John Browne

Boy oh boy, Keynesian Economics is swell.

Killer Combo of High Gas, Food Prices at Key Tipping Point

Spending Cuts Are Meaningless
    Unless we can hamstring the Fed, says Ron Paul, who is just the man to do it.

Con Games and Currency Destruction
    Gary North on the two and only two policies of every single central bank in the world, bar none.

Is gold rising because America is broke? - Gold Matters

Dollar's Decline Speeds Up...

China planning to cut U.S. reserves by two-thirds?

Gold and silver continue to surge...

IMF: AGE OF AMERICA NEARS END

Fed approaches crossroads as growth slows - Yahoo! News

Geithner vows to defend strong US dollar policy

^ :laughing:

Inflation?

Say It Ain't So, Joe: Coffee Prices Hit 34-Year High « Say It Ain't So, Joe: Coffee Prices Hit 34-Year High « CBS Chicago

Euro strikes 16-month high against dollar

Money Can't Buy You Economic Prosperity - Shawn Ritenour - Mises Daily

^ mp3 of that article, http://media.mises.org/mp3/audioarticles/5207_Ritenour.mp3

Can You Protect Yourself
    As QE2 wrecks the economy? Article by David Galland.

The Most Reliable Measure of Real Consumer Price Increases?
    It's not the government but MIT's Billion Prices. Article by Bill Bonner.

It's Never Worked in History, and It Won't This Time Either
    Jim Rogers on the Fed's deliberate currency debasement.

Fear a Pullback in Gold and Silver Prices?
    That would be an opportunity to "back up the truck" and load up for the long-haul, says Frank Holmes.

Hey, Ben!
    Explosive questions Gary North would like to ask Bernanke at his press conference.

Bernanke: Fed Sees Slower Growth, Uptick in Inflation

Gold prices jump to $1,529.20 - UPI.com

Statement on Federal Reserve's Press Conference - Congressman Ron Paul

US Dollar Slide Continues After Fed's Bernanke Speaks

Dollar extends slide on views of low US rates - Yahoo! Finance

Doug Casey: Precious Metals vs. the USD

Spring 2011 Guide of 30 Key Charts to See Before You Buy or Sell Your Home by Michael David White

Spend It Like You Stole It by Bill Bonner

Barney Franks jumping on the bandwagon?

What was he doing 2007 to 2011 when he was the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, which oversees the entire financial services industry including the securities, insurance, banking, and housing industries and was considered to be one of the most powerful members of Congress?

Barney Frank tries to restructure the Federal Reserve - Yahoo! Finance

DOLLAR HITS 3 YEAR LOW...

1 IN 7 ON FOOD STAMPS!

Job numbers disappoint...

Jobless claims hit 8-month high - Yahoo! Finance

World Food Prices Rise to Near-Record High as Inflation Speeds Up, UN Says - Bloomberg

Unemployment up to 9% (who knows what it really is)

U.S. Payrolls Grew 244,000 in April; Unemployment at 9% - Bloomberg

Lying Mouthpiece for the Fed
    Gary North on the struggling New York Times and the struggling central bank.

Nixonomics at the New York Times by Gary North

10 Secret Warning Signs of Inflation
    Since the government lies, here's what to look out for, from Louis Woodhill.

The Ten Secret Warning Signs of Inflation by Louis Woodhill

Want To Regulate Government-Wall Street Greed?
    David Stockman on the case for the gold standard.

The Case for the Gold Standard by David Stockman

REPORT: Housing crash getting worse...

...values fall fastest rate since '08

The Great Myth of the Inflation Cure

Inflation hits 2-1/2 year high, seen peaking - Yahoo! News

Peaking eh? LOL

ALARM OVER SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE APPROACHING INSOLVENCY...

Social Security to run 'permanent' deficits...

But sure, you have this claim by former NY Fed President and Vice President of the Feds FOMC - now Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[​IMG]

2. This system that you're talking about has made the US government what it is today. You know, the one with the permanent war economy that imprisons more people than any other country on Earth and has tens of millions of people living in poverty?

tl;dr: The ends don't justify the means.

3. So in 2 years things will be even worse? ;)

That's good news for Ron Paul, bad news for that puppet we have now.

4. i didnt look at them all but many of those are daily reports of oil rising because of speculation. it was at 116$/barrel now 98$/barrel. that is not deflation.

5. #66 Limecat, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    The fed, fed apologists, and Keynesians always blame inflation on speculators. Also, you admitted:

Tada, here we are and inflation has arrived as based on a considerable number of items as posted above. Also, I would hope prices would go down - the price of gas is so high and the oil supply outweighs demand by a lot. Of course prices will go down but that doesn't change the fact as to why prices are high in the first place, inflation:

You can't dismiss the facts that the United States' top oil importers over the past 2 - 3 have been Canada and Mexico. Our USD is trading at 2-3 year lows against them.

U.S. dollar plumbs 3 1/2-yr low vs Canada dollar | Reuters

Mexico peso jumps to near 2-1/2-year high vs dollar | Reuters

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

Another Fed created bubble burst - as they always do - and the typical response was to print more money, get the cheap credit out there, inflate and pump everything back up. And here we are today...good job! :laughing:

[​IMG]

USD vs CAD

[​IMG]

USD vs MXN

[​IMG]

6. #67 HongKongPhooey, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    So HankMoody can you troll any harder? I mean using image responses every once in a while is cool, but all the time? Are you unable to even attempt making intelligent responses?

7. I wonder if HankMoody knows that you have to be 18 to post on these forums.

8. [​IMG]

The ad homs are getting cute. What other candidate for president supports a rational drug policy? Oh, that's right, the war on drugs isn't a major issue, especially not for the poor.