bonsai?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Daddykisses, May 7, 2012.

1. I always loved the art of bonsai. The little crab apple trees, the complete control over a plant. I've seen some pretty small plants grow in like PC grow cases and such, but those really aren't true bonsai, just small. So do you think anyones actually bonsai'd a cannabis plant?

2. Yup

Whole thread dedicated to it...in advanced...

3. Yes, its called LST, or Low Stress Training. It works well for creating an even, low canopy of budsites that should absorb more light than it would other wise. Some attempt this method to increase yield, some for its ability to remain low in stature. I have one in the works now. about day 30 in the first picture.
    [​IMG]
    45 days in the second and third, with a bit of supercropping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Marijuana plants are plants, not trees.

5. [quote name='"Gronkowski"']Yes, its called LST, or Low Stress Training. It works well for creating an even, low canopy of budsites that should absorb more light than it would other wise. Some attempt this method to increase yield, some for its ability to remain low in stature. I have one in the works now. about day 30 in the first picture.

45 days in the second and third, with a bit of supercropping.

[/quote]

They look very nice! Thank you for the pictures, and explaining it.
    Also, nice camera.

6. My mistake, I have seen people on this site and others refer to LST and bonsai training synonymously so I thought that was the case..

7. [quote name='"Gronkowski"']

My mistake, I have seen people on this site and others refer to LST and bonsai training synonymously so I thought that was the case..[/quote]

Well I like this too! Keeping the size down and such.