Bonsai tree

Discussion in 'General' started by MrNice1, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Alrighty folks, was readin the free cannatalk magazine n happened to stumble upon an article on bonsai trees and I kinda like the idea of growing one some of them are fucking stunning! Anybody here grow one or have any thoughts? Random I know but I'm pretty high lol

2. I had one for over 4 years and then I moved and it went into shock. :( It was so huge during the summer months, it wasn't s super hard one too keep alive like some but I needed a resilient one since I live where it is cold. It is very satisfying to grow one.

Think this is in the wrong section too.

3. [quote name='"The3amJunkie"']I had one for over 4 years and then I moved and it went into shock. :( It was so huge during the summer months, it wasn't s super hard one too keep alive like some but I needed a resilient one since I live where it is cold. It is very satisfying to grow one.

Think this is in the wrong section too.[/quote]

It does seem a satisfying thing to do and something to study as well :) I would need one kinda like that as well.

Your probs right bro I didn't really know where to put it so I ended up putting it here, where would u suggest and can ieven move it? Lol

4. Many good howtos on youtube...Its fun!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORiiKdWd1aI]Bonsai Stop Motion - How to make a bonsai - YouTube[/ame]

5. You will get very interested it this, I love watching them grow.

6. [quote name='"Joca"']You will get very interested it this, I love watching them grow.[/quote]

Yeah? You a keen bonsai grower are you? You dont sound like no bonsai grower too me :/

7. actually , there's a dude that chills at the bottom of my street with a van full of bonsais .

Fucking bonsai man .

But , they really are cool as fuck , kinda hard to maintain tho .

8. Ive always wanted one but never actually got off my ass and went to buy one. They remind me of Jet from Cowboy Bebop. I've heard its an awesome hobby, almost theraputic.

9. [quote name='"HomeAllDayHerbz"']actually , there's a dude that chills at the bottom of my street with a van full of bonsais .

Fucking bonsai man .

But , they really are cool as fuck , kinda hard to maintain tho .[/quote]

B B Bonsaiiii yeah I have some spare time sounds good :)

10. [quote name='"Ratio"']Ive always wanted one but never actually got off my ass and went to buy one. They remind me of Jet from Cowboy Bebop. I've heard its an awesome hobby, almost theraputic.[/quote]

Be ace to get it really cool but I can imagine getting to tht stage will be a job lol I agree :)

11. [quote name='"MrNice1"']Alrighty folks, was readin the free cannatalk magazine n happened to stumble upon an article on bonsai trees and I kinda like the idea of growing one some of them are fucking stunning! Anybody here grow one or have any thoughts? Random I know but I'm pretty high lol[/quote]

Dude this thread sparked my interested and now I'm gonna grow one lol no joke haha anyway the only thing is I Don't Know which to get

12. Had a skunk bonsai in my room for a year . Just kept on topping and trimming it and it stayed small for the entire time with completely random natural lighting. Gave it to my friend who put it to a greenhouse in may and it chucked on 4 foot and as many ounces by October!

I remember seeing somewhere a guy who had flowering bonsai plants that were no more than 4 inches high. They were pretty impressive ;)

13. [quote name='"EssDoubleYoo"']Had a skunk bonsai in my room for a year . Just kept on topping and trimming it and it stayed small for the entire time with completely random natural lighting. Gave it to my friend who put it to a greenhouse in may and it chucked on 4 foot and as many ounces by October!

I remember seeing somewhere a guy who had flowering bonsai plants that were no more than 4 inches high. They were pretty impressive ;)[/quote]

I seen a vid of a guy who had a little personal grow just under 1 small light produced just over a q but tiny tiny plant very handy could have been anything! Just like a bonsai was pretty cool I dono how I could stop the roots growing but? Lol

14. Is bonsai the type of tree that is small, or is it a process to make any tree small? Also, I want one. Where do I get one and how easy are they to care for?

15. Idk if anyone posted this yet BUT:

You can make a Bonsai Buddha Tree. Grow yourself a marijuana plant and just keep it trimmed and use "Bonsai" techniques to manage its growth.

16. #17 MandalaSmoker, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    This is a good idea in my opinion.Do you have any links or anything that can help one get started with growing one?Id love to do this, plus its something to do aswell.I find myself abit bored at times, that's my own doing I know.Anyways this may pass some time and those trees just look very cool to me.

Do you happen to know what kind of soil you should use?I'm going to ofcourse research this alittle if I decide to do it

Edit:I am pretty sure you just gave inspiration to atleast half the people that posted in this thread to go out and grow one lol.

17. I hope we cann all post pics up here if anyone does it! Haha I never expected anyone to reply cheers folks I'm not mad after all :)

18. [quote name='"MandalaSmoker"']This is a good idea in my opinion.Do you have any links or anything that can help one get started with growing one?

Edit:I am pretty sure you just gave inspiration to atleast half the people that posted in this thread to go out and grow one lol.[/quote]

Are you talkin to me?

19. I've had a couple of bonsai's and they are surprisingly easy to look after.

A good watering technique is to place the tree in a bowl and fill it with water so it just covers the bottom of the tree and leave it for 5 mins then take it out and leave it to drain. Do this whenever the soil starts to dry out.