Bonsai Mother Technique[Step By Step Tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MicroGrower420, Aug 14, 2011.

1. After root pruning don't give nutrients at all.

The roots aren't strong enough yet to handle nutrients at all.

If you need to feed her foliar feed, until the roots develop again.

2. [quote name='"MicroGrower420"']After root pruning don't give nutrients at all.

The roots aren't strong enough yet to handle nutrients at all.

If you need to feed her foliar feed, until the roots develop again.[/quote]

That same for mum in hydro? Should I stop feeding them now or keep what I'm doing and see how they act cause I do see new growth?

3. #63 MicroGrower420, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    Yes, that's the same.

Nutrients can actually shock them more then anything.

But you can also test it out, some plants are stronger then others.

I just don't like to overwhelm them by feeding the roots.

It's far easier to feed them foliar. Until the roots grow more.

I use water, and occasionally root excel. When watering the roots.

I only foliar feed when they need it.

If anything SeanPuffy, you could always super dilute nutrients, if you're not comfortable with foliar feeding.

4. http://http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/bJLK-sXCYs0/default.jpg:smoke::smoke:hey micro ... mate ive spent 24hrs reading your advice and its helped me no-end loving your jorno im repping+ you up and will constantly be logging on to you from now on....................... keep up the good work sunbeam.............:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

5. Huge set up, How many plants are you growing brother?

6. 30 3 are small I've just cloned another 20, I'm in at the deep end grower and I've been watching and reading all your elastic techs, bonsai techs, I took the clones 5 days ago grower and obviously there not ready to transplant yet, can I hold off flowering untill there ready or do you think they, the big ones are ready to flower and will they grow taller and bigger when they go into flower, I wanted to do a scrog but my friend let me down on the cuttings there was supposed to b 60 - 80 but I only got 30. What you wreckon bud. Any info would b great

Deadly...

7. I would just flower those babies, They are going to double/triple in size when you flip the switch. Nice set up man, healthy plants as well. Keep me updated on how they are coming along.

:hello:

8. Will do mate, I'm going to elastic band these clones I want to maximize my yield so I vet some much needed kit so I can Pro-Gro for my next show, I'm going to do a journal when I'm calm and relaxed, been highly strung over the first load a clones the messed up, the 20 new ones I've been all on that shit and they've for new shoots coming off of thems already(day 5 clones). I've never done that before so the first batch broke my heart, this time it will all be right.....
    Micro there is some slight bits of yellow on some not all of the plants( ideas ). Round the edges of some fan leaves and a few spots on some other leaves in the middle of the leaf? I know you need pictures but i left my camera round a friends so for now just go by my word, like I say there only on 2-3 plants could it just b that strain, I need to find out exactly what I bought cos it was supposedly uk cheese, but some of these babies are really dark green lush mofos and some are tall plus 3 are dwarf I think didn't get root down so I'm foliage feeding them, hey I don't mind. Please ponder my weed loving friend and let me know any ideas, forget Ph I'm all over that, I'm using ionics grow soil, canna prof/30% perlite, 18/6 veg watered them for the past four days tommorow I'm going to give them the ionics. Could it b nute deficy????? Ponder man for me. All the best. Deadly ......
    Keep up your excellent work fella........

9. #70 Squirtle09, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    the 1.5 Qt containers are the final home for your mommies right? If so, how tall are those pots roughly, 4-5" or so?

10. Yea about 5 inches tall. I am looking for smaller pottery though :) Like 3 inches.

11. Nice! thank you sir :)

12. No problem! Anytime :wave:

13. Nice grow box! if you don't mind me asking how many $ do you have in it?

14. Nice teaching Micro! Thanks for taking the time to share the know how;). I have a question for you. I want to keep bonsai mothers but the clones will be allowed to grow inside my tent. Considering that they are clones from a bonsai'ed mother, will they stay short and bushy like her or will they grow normal-like? Im looking for a short manageable mom but I want good plants that I can scrog in my tent. I hope this question makes sense?

15. Yes the will stay short and bushy with the same bonsai maintenance.

Just need to keep up on pruning until they are the right shape for you.

;)

16. Sorry, I posed the question incorrectly. My goal is to be able to take clones that will reach normal size but I want to be able to keep a mother that I can keep relatively short since I dont have alot of room for a large mother. I worry that since the mother is kept short and bushy that the clones I take from her wont be able to grow to normal size?

17. They will thrive just fine.

I have took really small clones and they lived to become beautiful:D

18. This is a clone I took from a mother.
    [​IMG]

Here is the same clone afterwards,
    [​IMG]

This is obvious a extreme example, but just giving you a idea of what can be done, clone wise.