Bonsai Mother, Ethos Genetics - Inzane in the membrane

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheUltimateNoob, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Greetings to all

So I've been doing some reading over the past few months and I'm giving this a shot.

Medium: Freedom Farms Formula 1 Soil mix
    Nutrients: GH Flora Trio
    Strain: Ethos Genetics - Inzane in the membrane

These seeds were a bit pricey so I've decided to give cloning a try because the first seed (from the pack of 6) that I planted didn't germinate.

My plan is to top and train this plant to keep it short and bushy, so I can keep it in a small space.
    I want to house her in a 1sqft box which I still need to fabricate.

She popped out the soil on the 2nd of September and has been under 18/6 lighting since, from a Hipargero HG800.

She started out in a small plastic container and I recently transplanted her into a 5L smart pot which I folded over to half the volume - I don't want her growing too tall - I also gave her some water with Dynaroot powder at pH 6.3.

I'll feed her once or twice a week at half strength just to keep her healthy and growing at a steady pace.

I'll eventually have her under a single LED bulb in her own box which won't draw much power - around 20 to 30 actual watts - but has red, blue, white, uv and IR diodes.

Enjoy the ride! And thanks for the read.

The first picture is the day she popped up, the 2nd and 3rd is at 3 days old, and the last 3 are from a few hours ago - after the transplant - she's now 9 days old.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Check out my grows, plants

3. I did... What am I supposed to look for bro

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. My media or journals

5. In my conversations

6. Transplant was successful [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Looking top notch!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heres afew off mine if you cant find them bro...?? From 14th 20190804_111527.jpg 20190814_131829.jpg 20190814_131851.jpg 20190727_112249.jpg 20190816_155707.jpg 20190820_192858.jpg 20190905_154712.jpg 20190908_174226.jpg August til now 20190804_111527.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol thank you, I couldn't really find what you wanted me to see when I went looking.... They look awesome, you keeping the plant in the first pic as a mother or you just defoliating and training her?

10. Out of curiosity why did you decide to make a mother plant rather than just taking cuts before you flip to flower? That's what I'm planning on doing, I don't have a ton of space to maintain mothers so I'm just going to clone while they're vegging right before flip and continue perpetually that way....

P

11. That actually sounds like a better plan for my space also.

The reason for me choosing to keep a mother is because I want to practice for when I do end up on the last seed for certain strains. The exchange rate is madness so the seeds work out quite expensive for the better strains from reputable breeders.

I also have the 1sqft server box that I can keep her in with minimal lighting... If I get smaller pots - like the 2L smart pots, or smaller- I could possibly keep 3 or 4 mothers in there. Not a bad number of strains for such a small space.

12. Hey dude, i was checking out the ethos genetics website. Man they have some amazing looking strains! The frost! The colours! Makes me want to move to Canada!

Always considered having a mother but only if i manage to obtain seeds that are a bit special

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol yeah they have an insane range, their shit seems too good to be true... I went for just a regular green flower, I chose it for the potency... I'll definitely get more of their strains once I save up.

One of the seeds didn't make it so I only have 4 more, trying not to waste any... And since I haven't cloned before, this would be the best way for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Always wanted to try bohdi seeds aswell. As soon as ive used up all my freebies i think i’ll invest in some quality genetics and go down the cloning route. I have cloned a few times and was always suprised by how relatively easy it was.

Hats off to you mate, you have alot on the go!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hopefully cloning works out easy for me also.

Haha, thanks... Happy Growing!

Edit: haven't heard of Bohdi seeds... Will give it a search.

16. She's looking fine so far... She'll get her first feed soon. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. I spelt it wrong - it is Bodhi

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lol, thanks... Their prices are also high for me, I'll save some more and give them a shot some time in the future... Definitely worth getting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Raised her up a bit so she can get more light, will feed her for the first time tomorrow. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1