Bonnaroo!

Discussion in 'General' started by full melt, Sep 24, 2008.

1. He everyone,

I have been reading about bonnaroo lately and this years looked like it was amazing.
    So many good bands and movies Q and A with les claypool!

I am thinking about flying over next year for 2009 but i have a few questions,

I heard that you can get pretty much any drug there easily and not that expensive
    The price isnt a big deal but if i could get different drugs there that would be great as i
    like hard to find drugs like (good) acid and mescaline molly etc..and i have no connections in the states.

So i guess what im asking is, is this true?

Also any story's from anyone who has been there would be great.

Thanks!

2. Where exactly is this located again?

3. manchester Tennesee

4. The last time I went was in 2006, and truly, you could get everything you wanted. I seriously doubt it has changed substantially since MTV overtook it. Basically, there are tons of dirt roads and campsites off of every one. You walk down these roads and you go hunting for your drugs of choice and there are two primary methods of obtaining said drugs. You either wait until you hear one of thousands of people discreetly saying things like "mollie...nugs...boomers..." or you make the effort yourself and use the lingo of what you're looking for. For things like acid, the word I heard the most is "doses." Bud itself is extraordinarily easy to find, and the quality was the best that I had ever seen because I'm from a small ordinary town with no stellar hookups. Where are you traveling from?

5. #5 full melt, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
    I am very glad to hear that. I wish i lived closer but i am travelling from ontario canada.

I seriosly cannot wait to go.

Im reading storys and it sounds like the greatest thing ever.

I will deffinetly be shelling out the money for this.

6. I've been there the last 2 years and had a riot both times. The drug scene there is very socially acceptable. You can find anything to tickle your fancy from doses, rolls, molly, shrooms, nuggets, hash, and opium. Mostly pretty good quality, but have gotten fake doses once.

It's a pretty happy vibe, I've never seen a fight. Although it was a little more hostile this year with Metallica headlining on Fri. night. It's very communal, 60-80k all living together in a tent community for 5 days.

The worst thing about Bonnaroo is the heat, and lack of shade. Tennessee sun is pretty damn hot in the middle of June anywhere from 80-100 degrees (farenheit). You need to be prepared for that as well as the possibility of a summer thunderstorms, which can be pretty intense and make a lot of mud.

I would definitely recomemd going at least once, but there are much better festivals in Canada and the US.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s.

7. Really? What good ones are there in Canada?

I wanted to go to pemberton fest in bc this year but it was sold out :(

8. this year was my first year at bonnaroo and it will not be my last!:D I had a great time! drugs were good and easy to find. the best way to get them is to hear the people saying it walking around on the roads. prices weren't bad for the most part but didn't have as much money as I would have liked to have to spend on them. next summer I'm planning on hitting up a few festivals. they're awesome!

9. 2 of the people we go to Bonnaroo with are from Canada as well, Windsor.

Pemberton was very good according to a few of my friends, and because it was sold out is not an excuse for not going. If there is a will there is a way, tix for that weren't that rare at all, that was an easy ticket.

Rothbury in Michigan has been by far the best festival I've been to. That is 3 weeks after Roo and it puts it to shame.

10. Not having tickets wasnt the only problem, I would have had to take a train across the country which is expensive and at the time I had no money

Whats rothbury like?

11. Man, shambhala beats pemberton out of the water.

Shambhala is a 4 day festival out in the BC Kootenays, bout 12000 people, and its all about the electronic music.

But man, I have NEVER experienced a vibe like that, every single person was so beautiful and freindly, it was amazing.

I would also love to hit up bonnaroo.