Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs Waste Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sensiblazer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html

Something that I noticed a while back, but now I have proof for my observations. I know what everyone is going to say - "but my bong rips get me high like no other". This is because you can take bigger hits. If you were to objectively take the exact same amount of weed and smoke it in a bong, then the next day smoke the same amount in a spoon, you'd get much higher with the spoon. Try it some time, if you keep an open mind you'll see that the water filtration does decrease the high.

2. Who gives a shit, live your life.

Cool information to know though, almost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. im sorry to disagree with you but this is untrue.THC is a non water soluble substances water filtration does nothing to decrease the potency of the cannabis.

and in fact bongs and pipes ,especially bongs are the best to use besides vaporizers to save weed.because joints lose alout of the substance in the making and the burnning of the smoke.along with blunts.

godofganja420:bongin::bongin::bongin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. :sigh:

how many of these threads are going to be made?

5. Sorry bud, but I choose a bong over a spoon for a reason. It takes A LOT more weed in a spoon to get me as high as a bong. Even if I am losing X% in a bong, it still gets me way more high.

• Like Like x 2
  6. i'm not trying to argue with anybody here, if you feel like bongs get you higher then by all means smoke bongs, whatever works for you. I'm just trying to show people that there is proof that bongs filter out more thc than anything else. But if you get higher when you smoke bongs then good for you, keep blazing that shit all day long. As for me I enjoy all methods of blazing that high-grade sensi, whether it's a bong, bowl, chillum, joint, blunt, vaporizer or whatever.

7. Man all pothead knows this.

We wouldn't be seeing these threads if people didn't care about that .005g of bud they might be losing..:rolleyes:

8. sorry "godofganja" but THC can still stick to the water, even if it isnt soluble in it.

9. I don't know many people who would rather use a spoon over a bong :rolleyes:

But whatever, its all a matter of choice. Taking one hitters out of my bong conserves more weed and gets me higher in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1

10. thank you. die-hard bong fans can be so single-minded, they vehemently prefer bongs despite proof that they're less effective, and refuse to even consider the other side, regardless of what the science says.

11. i have ever only smoked bongs :wave:

12. Yeah. Bongs are so much nicer.

I guess that's how you can tell who is a real pothead. Ask them if they like spoons or bongs, and tell them that this bong will filter out a whole 2-3% of the thc, maybe.

:confused:

13. stupid question ahead...

what if u smoked through a bong using milk instead of water.....since thc is fat soluble it should be in the milk, so can u drink it to get high? or would u have to heat it up?

14. Well my thinking is that since you're lighting the bowl with a lighter, there's your heat source to release the THC. But I'm sure milk would "grab on" to THC easier at a higher temp? I'm saying that it probably would get you baked when if you drank, although you wouldn't get as baked when you first smoked the bong since you're losing thc in the smoking process.

I dunno, who the fuck wants to drink dirty bong milk anyway? :p

15. simmer an 1/8th in whole fat milk, drink, get stoned.

16. actually, blunts waste weed, lol

bongs use so much less

but vapo's use even less less, lol

17. it will definitely get you high. growing up in india i used to get high on bhang all the time, which is a drink made with milk and sugar and weed that has been used in india for centuries, and it can get your fuuuuuuuucked up, especially if you smoke as you're drinking it. it really creeps up on you, you'll be dirnking it for twenty minutes or so without feeling anything and then all of the sudden it will hit you like a ton of bricks.

18. #18 Lebowski, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
    Good post sensi. Out of the 3 threads about THC and bongs this one has the least amount of failure :p

I laugh when people argue that they get higher with a bong. I'm sure they do.
    I'm also sure it takes them more weed than they need.
    The issue about THC loss has nothing to do with how high you can get, it has to do with how much weed you use, most people in these threads misunderstand that.

As many as we need untill people stop posting stuff like "THC isnt water soluble".

19. agreed. a couple of my friends were hard-core bong fans, and thought nothing else could get them that high. so one day i had each one of them smoke a measured amount of weed in a bong, and then when that high wore off i had each of them smoke the same amount in a spoon. they all thought i was bullshitting, but when they actually tried it all of them except one said that they got higher with the spoon, and it was the exact same amount of weed.

20. Yeah, since i've experimented with that kind of stuff, i've realised the best way to be effecient is 1 hitter bowls in a glass pipe. 1 hitters so that nothing burns off between hits. It is a bit tedious to repack it 2 or 3 times though.

I really want to try the side by side comparison with a spoon and a huge bong with like 2 percolaters, diffusers and ashcatchers. I'm almost certain the difference in effect would be significantly noticeable.

Also, its good to note that in ANY pipe, the bigger the pipe, the more THC you lose. The further the THC travels and the more surface it passes the more likely it is to stick to that surface.
    So huuuuge bongs look cool but in my opinion most of the time its overkill.
    Also rediculous huge pipes that like wind around and stuff, they wont be as effective as that 4 inch straight spoon.