Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs vs. Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bachrock, Mar 9, 2009.

1. #1 bachrock, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    I'm looking at getting a bong or a vaporizer. Vaporizers seem better in every way except maybe that they only offer a "head high". I'm curious who has tried both and what your opinions are of each.

2. although i have no previous experience with vapes, i have heard amazing things about them. many people choose vapes over bongs any day.
    just my 2 cents lol

3. I would choose a vape purely because of the health issue.

4. Here's my experience with both. Vaporizers are great, they definitely give you a stronger head high, and they're way healthier. However, after smoking exclusively vape for about two weeks, it took exponentially more bud to get me high each time, and eventually I couldn't really even get high from it.

Bongs are always fantastic, especially really well made ones. They will always get you high no matter what. Slightly less healthy but the water filters the smoke a bit.

Both are good but I would invest in a bong personally. Vapes are more of a novelty unless you have health reasons (i.e. recovering from pneumonia like I am).

5. Don't own one but I love vapes. It's a pure head high, which is the part I enjoy the most. Not to mention you get like 5x more usage out of each pack.

6. I prefer bongs, though I am not one to speak since I have only used a homemade vap from a light bulb. If you do your research, the type of high you get depends on the strain and not the device you use to smoke the mj. You get about 92% of the thc in bud from a vap vs about 78% with a bong. I would say that the vap is better not only for the health reasons but also the lesser amount of bud you need to achieve the same high. I only like bongs better, because for me its just the way I have always smoked other then with a pipe. So all in all its all personal preference, what would you rather use? If you like bongs then get one or if you like vaps then buy one of those.

7. I've read that while bongs do filter out some of the bad stuff, they filter out even more THC. The end effect is that they're actually worse for you. That was the conclusion of one study.

I should mention I'm leaning towards a vape.

Is it not possible with a vape to be so blazed that you don't want to move?

8. I'm also looking at getting a vape soon. This is what I've read and heard. A vape is alot healthier than a bong just because you don't inhale any of the tars and carcinogens that are in smoke. Yes Bongs are better than pipes and J's at filtering that stuff out, the fact is that you still get a little of it in your lungs. The high with a vape is more controlled because you can control the exact temp that you are subjecting the cannabis to. One video that I watched on vapes said that the different cannaboids vaporize at different temperatures so you can get different highs from the same weed just from using differnt temperatures. The biggest difference in the high was said to be because your not inhaling smoke. It said that a small percentage of the cannaboids vaporize at such a high temperature that it is the same temp as burning the bud, so you only get those cannaboids when you smoke it. Those cannaboids were supposed to be associated with the body high. So when you smoke out of a vape it is more or a head high. I don't know any of this first hand it is just info that I have read while trying to decide whether to get a vape too.

9. I think you get higher with vapes.
    Use less bud with vapes.
    Have less smell with vapes.
    Less health risks with vapes.
    You can reuse the vaped bud for cooking or little jays that still get you buzzed if you want.

I don't see how it doesn't beat bongs in every single way

10. yea i get way more blazed off vaping the same amount i would burn up in 2 or 3 bong hits

11. The first person I asked, someone I've smoked with, said he liked the high from bongs more. Most people seem to agree it's more of a whole body high. That seems like the one pro with bongs. One option I've considered is getting a bong with a vape rod. At this point though, I'm looking at a wooden box style one with a a tube coming from the ceramic heating element.

12. A minuscule amount of THC is taken out of a bong, but not a noticeable amount, its pros heavily outweigh the cons.

13. check out the vapor bros

14. Bongs all the way.

15. With all the pros of vaporizers listed above, why do you prefer bongs?

16. Two completely different highs.

Vapes dont knock you on your ass as much as a bong would right away.

I switch back and fourth but I enjoy the quick stoned body high I get from a few good bong rips then the clear head high I get from Vaping.

17. You must be the one guy that voted "no preference".

I haven't felt the high from a vape, but I have felt the high from a bong.