Bongs use more weed?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Slilent, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Been smoking out my new bong. lately m gives me a smoother High but I feel like I'm burning up more weed to..

2. I wouldnt worry about it, not worth it

3. #3 invinciblejets, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    Smoking weed tends to use weed.....

I'd be more worried about why you need to worry about wasting a tiny hit.

It's not crack.

But it mostly depends on your slide/bowl piece.. if you want to be technical about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

4. Smaller bowl = use less bud, logic.

5. Yeah, I don't think I use more than .2 or .3 per bowl, But if that's a lot to you, you could always switch up how you consume your cannabis.

6. Just pack single hits that way the bowl dosnt stay burning

7. what size bowl you using? if its a huge one you will go through more... :)

8. Blurry as hell

Attached Files:

9. More weed than what? It depends. A bong will use more weed than a good table top vape, but less weed than a joint or a blunt. 

10. Normally I just smoke out of spoons

11. just rip decently big snaps and you won't have to burn as often

12. Yea Iv stopped stressing after a few snaps and it's the same amount my chest just doesn't feel as heavy and my high is alot smoother

13. Heres what ive noticed, bong is more efficient, but wayyyy easier to smoke twice as much in one hit :D
    good idea with the snaps!

14. If you use a pipe screen you can burn tiny amounts of weed in a bong and still get high you just have to take the hole hit at once tho

15. i think one reason bongs use weed faster is that the suction pulls alot of it through, a screen should totally help that!

16. I definitely run through more bud when I'm using my bong than a dry pipe.

17. You'll definitely go through more bud with a bong because of all the excess burning. Taking a rip from a bong really gets the bud burning and it'll continue to burn for a bit after you've taken your hit, unless you smother it.

Can get wasteful but it can be prevented by putting out the fire right after your hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. 0.1g snaps or even smaller is how I load my bong.  1 hit keeps me good for an hour or so.

19. The key is having a nice slide with the tiniest of holes. It creates good suction for clearing bowls in one hit.

20. This all comes down to the bowl piece you are using in your bong and how you are lighting the bowl up!!
    If you have a nicely shaped bowl that can keep a nice cherry burning it should be really efficient, just like a hand pipe. You will most likely kill the bowl faster in a bong because the air capacity traveling though it is much greater than that of a pipe but you're getting more of it quicker so its more efficient to a point, especially if you're using a prime bong!!!

I started glassblowing about 6 months ago and im on my way to making bongs but still only on hand pipes and bubblers for now so I cant wait to make my first real bong and "use more weed" to get that nicer high than my pipes. My instructor makes awesome bongs though, he posted some on our thread "insight glass progression thread" which shows some of our work (mostly his bongs and rigs)

These are a few of them, my favorite is the amber and blue tube, it just sold in our shop to our good friend Patrick 

Attached Files: