Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs... Bad for you?!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RedeyeJedii, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Alrighty, I just need some reassurance here..

Lately a bunch of people in my town have been saying that bongs are bad for you because they can put mold in your lungs because you get water vapor in them from using a bong....

I mean... we breathe out H20 as part of respiration... correct?

2. Those people are dumb as fuuuuucccccckkkkkk!!!!!

Ripping bongs will not make mold grow in your lungs. You shouldn't listen to stupid people bro

3. I once heard that the slight increase in water vapor in the air was linked to mold infection.

I stopped taking showers at that point.

4. Mold in your lungs? Is that even possible?

5. If you smoke weed that has actually grown mold, you may not burn all the spores and you'll get a bronchitis like infection for a month or so

6. Yeah I mean I know that, but is it even possible to have mold grow on your lungs like OP is saying?

7. Mold in your lungs? NO. I will say however that bongs definitely concentrate the smoke and the way people cough from taking too big of a hit unexpectedly can be really dangerous....try clearing your throat after a bong hit check out the color...NASTY....but hey, pick your apparatus as you please they all have negatives and positives...

8. Yeah, people say they are better for your health, but I always think, if that's the case why would you have to cough so much. Shooting that much hot (even with water/ice) smoke into your lungs at once, even if it was cold, can't be good for you.

9. those people are stupid. by their logic, inhaling steam is bad for your health. lol. people been going to saunas for centuries..

10. Yeah & blunts make you grow squids on your head.

:rolleyes:

11. you'll probably get a little more mucus production, but other than that no. They aren't bad for you.

12. Acrylic bongs have been linked to bein unhealthy, but not glass. Plastic=disgusting

13. like shibby22one said, acrylic/plastic bongs might be unhealthy because you could be inhaling plastic particles.

14. Man id have mold growing out my ass by now if this was true. Bongs all day.