Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs are bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barcelona420, May 25, 2009.

1. What's the point of this thread?

2. QFT

Bong's are not bad for you lol

3. I'm curious, did you read anything past the first half of the first page? Also, smoking anything is bad for you regardless of what you smoke it out of.

On a side note, if anybody is actually interested in an intelligent discussion on the topic, you can reply to my thread that I linked earlier or there is another thread on the first page just a few spaces down from this one. It seems to have responses by people with more than half a brain.

4. I fucking hate it when people keep their bong dirty. :mad:

it completely defeats the purpose of "a bong."

5. You wanna know a fact? I smoked a .5 gram joint, and I got pretty stoned.
    The day after, I smoked about .3 of a gram in my bong, and I got ripped out of my skull.

Looks like I got more THC out of the bong use. So according to your statement, the joint got me higher, but the reality is, it didn't.

Good job. Want a cookie?

/end pointless thread

6. no way a joint beats a pipe dude

I don't rly like bongs they make the smoke too smooth

but then again I don't like "soft" liquor

and... vaping is the 2nd way

eating #1

then pipe/bubbler

because... now excuse me I'm no professor, smoking a pipe... combusts the THC and it goes into your lungs... no questions asked

a bong... combusts the weed and sends it into water, then into your lungs

so the water somehow ADDS to the THC content in the smoke?!

7. sorry for double post but...

he never said anything about tar?
    he just said its better for you or just generally better

8. Yes. I know my shit, and compared to other smoking devices bongs and any other waterpipes are more healthy than joints or pipes or anything like that cause obviously it filters out some bad chemicals and a little % of THC, But bong hits are instant and more potent instead of something thats constant like a pipe. And I find with smoking devices that you can really feel the hit, they get you higher.

And yes I know that smoking anything is bad for you, but if you still wanna smoke, and you want to do it the healthiest way, then either first get a vape, or second a bong.

PS: CLEAN YOUR BONG!!!

9. LOL! Its called cleaning your bong. each time i smoke it gets new water and i tend to clean it a couple times a week. And i could see joints coming in at #3. blunts/wraps contain shit in them that is not healthy to burn, put them last.

10. thank god some people said keep your bong clean. I could see where they are comming from with some of the nasty ass tube water i have seen

Also, this study does not take into account. 1-2 bong rips vs. however many a joint takes. NORML is a great org. and crucial to the future on MJ in this country. HOWEVER, i am not taking my smoking advice from them. That is why there are helpful forums around on the internet dedicated to glass smoking...you no where i am talking about and if not...good (and it aint here)

o yea, and oaksterdam said because they want to sound all professional and revolutionary and stuff, but I am amazed they would even mention a dirty bong. They prob just want everyone to vape so legalization deosnt have to deal with the health effects discussion as much.

and whoever made those BOLD statistics claims, really man...with no source? I thought barcelona was out there but after that I could not even say anything about him because your post was soooo absurd

11. while a joint may have a better THC:tar ratio, since joints are inefficient you have to smoke more joints to get just as high as you would with a few bong rips, thus delivering more tar into your lungs than you would get from bong rips.

Tar isn't the big issue though. Bongs cool the smoke which makes it easier on lung tissue. The heat from joint/pipe smoke is damaging to cilia and lung tissue. This is why ice bong hits feel so awesome.

12. lol...um... what about when you have a roach and its burning a lot closer to ur throat than a lighter would be with a bowl? and you lose more smoke with a bowl than a joint or blunt? you really really think that? half the blunt/joint burns away while getting passed. witha bowl u can put out the cherry and pass it....

i clean my bongs every time they get used. I think its still the best way. but whatever you say hoss.

13. i dont mean to argue with the facts, but in personal opinion i have always gotten higher while smoking a bong compared to a joint. its like a bumble bee, science says they shouldnt be able to fly but they say fuck science and keep flying any way. so even though you tell me im not getting as high ill continue to pack up my biz and reside on cloud nine. i also dont know how you can really classify bongs to joints as in theres really only one way to smoke js when a bong could have numerous attachments, perks, diffused stems, ect. to enhance your high. there is also the matter of ripping magnitude, i dare any onr to claim they can take a bigger rip from a j than a bong. so when it comes down to it why would a 8 foot wookie live on a planet with a bunch of 2 foot ewoks, it just doesnt make sense. so when somebody tells you that you get higher from a joint than a bong ask yourself does that make sense.

14. Well the fact is that vaporizers and bongs work best. Certanially NOT joints. And this is supported by at least one study.

If you've ever hit a nice bong, you know this.

If not, you should go do so at the first possible time.

15. OP I think you are looking at this similar to how anti-cannabis people look at the gateway theory, meaning in a very flawed way.

While I have never used a vape, I believe it to be the most effective method readily available.

Bong being second. While you are correct about losing some potency to the device you are neglecting the fact it is far less wasteful than constantly burning methods such as joints or blunts, then between tokes you are losing far more THC than what will get lost to the bong. Bongs also allow you to regulate the amount of marijuana per session better than joints or blunts. Also bongs allow the smoke to cool down while filling the chamber (much more so if water filtered) than other methods.

I personally will only smoke from a water bong, unless smoking with others who prefer different methods, even then I will pass when the blunt get closer to "roach" status. The heat from the smoke by that point hurts my throat too much. I also do not like smaller "bowls" because there is no time for the smoke to cool and I find those to be the harshest ways to smoke it feels like inhaling a flame.

16. I think people are arguing about 2 different things here. The OP and Buffolo Beano are saying that bongs have a worse THC:Tar ratio, but alot of people are arguing that saying that bongs get them higher. Just because the bong gets you higher doesnt mean it's the healthiest way to smoke though.

17. id rather still take bong hit then vap.

18. then go away...

we're not making you stay man

19. #59 Dryice, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    Here's some backyard science for you, bro.

Take a G of some of the finest shit you can get and roll it into a joint.

Take another G of the same shit, grind it up and put it in a bong. (Which would be about 2 maybe 3 bong packs).

I know for a fucking fact beyond a shadow of a doubt, that 3 bong packs in a row would destroy my day. Like literally, I'd be drooling from my mouth.

A gram joint is nothing.

The filtration of the smoke actually increases the lungs ability to fight off bacteria, COMPARED TO unfiltered smoke.

20. Bongs are bad? No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    Bongs are good.