Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs are bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barcelona420, May 25, 2009.

1. Technically he's not wrong or making anything up. This is in fact what they teach at Oaksterdam and what the studies, you know with science and stuff, have shown. If anybody is "making things up" I would think it was your statistics that you have bolded. Although I'm not disagreeing with you, I don't believe you just looked at published research to pull those statistics you so helpfully bolded. So, good job with your post.

2. <3 Grav bongs
    Saves soo much weed

3. Go do the research yourself genius. My figures are accurate within 5% for all the things I stated. Google is your friend. Don't be an idiot and post nonsense without knowing what you are talking about.

4. Also, for the record, the study only shows THC:Tar ratio and does not take into account other variables such as chemicals in the rolling papers and so on.

5. If you are referring to me, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I never claimed to be a genius and I couldn't possibly do the "research" myself since I don't have the funds nor the equipment to do so. What I am capable of is taking the imformation that is given to me and use it logically.

I even provided a link to the study for you so you don't even need to use google. See what a nice guy I am?

6. This thread is just a great example of how people will not believe the facts. they will only believe what they have been believing and in fact will be angered by new ideas. Wow new ideas anger the majority of people on this site. Apparently I need to join a more intellectual web site.

7. Whatever. I clean my bong daily.

8. Wait..Bongs are bad, but pot isnt????

9. ya you are right. cannabis is not bad. Bongs are bad considering the other options. Although bongs are not as efficient i do not mean that bongs are evil or BAD AHH!! you know... I just created that title to catch the attention of people in which I have succeeded.

10. Wow, your statistics are wrong AND your grammar is that of a five year old labradoodle? Go home, we don't need you here.

11. Actually, I was saying Weed is bad lol

Isnt it???

I think so

12. Hah, yeah. I'm pretty sure any combustible substance taken into your lungs is not good for you.

13. Everyone stfu, I dont care how I smoke weed as long as I get high its all good :smoking: .

14. #34 PuffPuffShred, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009

xD Hahaha nice one man. Oh, and to the starter of this thread...
    Clicky.

15. personally i dont think joints are better. wasted smoke is going into the air at most times not as much as bongs.also i can get higher with the same amount from a bong than a joint i belive.

16. typically you'll get higher with the same amount of weed if you smoke it from a bong.

it doesn't really concern me though. i love my joints :smoke:

17. I think a lot of you are not understanding what the OP is referring to, and it is amazing to me the amount of idiotic and useless posts that some people reply with just because they don't know how to keep an open mind about new information.

Regardless, here is a quote from the study the OP is referring to and to the one I linked earlier. Again, this is THC:Tar ratio and should be read and with an open mind and not just dismissed because it is not what all the cool kids are saying.

Honestly, I'll smoke it either way. I just find it intersting. I would love to actually hear some reasoned opinions instead of rubbish.

18. Perhaps in certain scenarios OP's point could be correct. The thc intake must have been measured by a machine; how else could it be objectively measured? I have read that bong water absorbs some thc. If a machine draws on a joint steadily w/o the pause a real smoker takes then perhaps more thc is taken in per a specified amount of mj. In real life though I don't think that a joint as smoked by a human gives more thc per volume of pot because of the pause a human makes at the peak of an inhale. At that time there is smoke & thc wafting into the air. I think depending on technique a bong gives a bigger hit of more dense, thc laden smoke & thus gets one higher faster than a joint. It does for me for sure.

19. #39 B.A.B.E., May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
    why won't people consider his stats may be right? I thought stoners were open minded.

Hmm I think more information is needed. If oakster stats are right them I would like to know the temp of the water in the bong or perhaps the type rolling papers (hemp or zig zagz for instance), that may affect results. idk,

really does it matter no, if you like bongs you're going to keep using them. every method of smoking has pros and cons health related. (exept vape i think)

20. bongs are good.