Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bongs are bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Barcelona420, May 25, 2009.

1. I think it was resolved when bongs were invented, I mean just about every stoner ever has used and loved bongs, we cant all be wrong

2. The fact of the matter is we can argue all day about which smoking method get's you the highest, but every toker has their own respective favorite way to get high, and they all get you high. So I'll just keep hitting my bong. Bong and bad do not belong in the same sentence. :)

3. I'll believe the study but based on experience this couldn't be further from the truth. Last time I smoked a jay was about 4 nights ago and I was actually surprised at how not high I got (very good headies and I'm pretty good at rolling). I mean I was really high but I put like at least 2 or 3 bong bowls in it.

And 2 or 3 bong bowls by myself is like more than I can tolerate. I have two tubes and smoking one full bowl out of either of them to my dome is a lot more intense than smoking a jay.

But once again I suppose I'll believe the study in terms of the results but I'm not going to believe that a jay with a G in it will get you higher than smoking a G out of a tube.

4. bongs #1 easily , blunt 2nd , joint 3rd for me

5. 2nd that

6. #326 Mr Stoned, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
    Bongs are bad? Well congratulations on making it into the league of detectives hall of fame Sherlock. Weed is extremely bad for you unless you vaporize or make edibles with it. The act of smoking is inherently bad in itself, there is nothing remotely healthy about it. Scientific studies have shown that the chemical nasties in cannabis, when smoked, are nearly as harmful as those found in tobacco. This is one of the things you have to accept if you want to smoke weed. Were you previously under the impression than bongs were good for your lungs, or that smoking weed is beneficial for your body to your body in any way whatsoever? As for your comments about joints being a more effective way of getting stoned than joints, well that's one of the silliest things I've ever heard. Even if statistics showed that you inhaled 200% THC through smoking joints, it still wouldn't change the fact that bongs get you a lot higher, a lot quicker than joints do. That's a fact, and I doubt there is anyone who knows how to properly smoke bongs, and I mean PROPERLY smoke, that would disagree with me.

7. All i know that 1gram in a bong will get me WAY more high than a 1gram joint

8. Guess your better off smoking out of a plastic bottle..

9. LOL.. I love the folks who swear by bongs because they really have NO idea wtf they're talking about.

First of all, the reason bongs aren't as good as joints or blunts for thc delivery is because of the water. As most don't realize, the water that supposedly filters out the bad stuff also filters out the good stuff. It's a filter, not a security check point. The water doesn't scrutinize the smoke.

Using a bong is actually a waste of marijuana because it does filter out the thc as well. It's also bad because when using a bong, you limit the amount of oxygen your lungs gets. Basically every bong rip you take pulls in nothing but pure smoke and maybe a little bit of oxygen at the tail end, after all the smoke is pulled in.

Remember, part of what keeps a fire lit is the oxygen in the air. When you pull in, you see that "cherry" turn bright. That's the oxygen being burned as you pull in being converted to carbon dioxide and other shit - no oxygen. That immediate "high" you THINK you're getting is actually the result of a lack of oxygen to your brain. Read up on people who've survived asphyxiation - light headedness, passing out, etc etc etc. Remember those stories of folks passing out after the first bong hit.

Get it, yet?? Still think bongs are great?

As for gravity bongs, those are not REAL bongs. In a real bong, smoke passes through water. In a gravity bong, smoke doesn't pass through anything. As far as it being superior.. eh.. it's probably worse. But, it doesn't filter anything out so you do get the full thc. However, you take in just as much smoke with NO oxygen, same problem - choking yourself.

As far as smoking a joint/blunt, you pull in all that smoke minus the filter. Rolled up pieces of paper are NOT filters. They are more like screens. But, you get the full effect of the thc. Also, you don't pull in as much smoke per hit and folks usually take a breath between hits. And, it's true that there are other chemicals that come in with the smoke, not just pure marijuana. But, that's obvious.

Beyond that, the time you take to allow your lungs some air actually helps thc absorption overall. Your lungs were never built to handle the thick plumes of smoke from bong hits. By having a good mix of air and smoke, the lungs can absorb smoke better thus absorbing more thc overall.

Recap

If you're talking about getting thc, anything without a filter will be best - vape, gravity bong, glass pipe, joint/blunt. (notice no water bong is mentioned)

If you're talking about getting PURE thc, then vape is the only way to go.

If you're talking about getting the most thc, then joints and blunts are the way to go. The reason I don't say vapes is because if you don't burn a little, you don't vaporize all of the thc. This is why some folks keep their bud after vape to use in cooking or make tinctures. There's still some thc left, obviously.

10. If you offered me a hit from a bong, I'd take it
    If you offered me a hit from a J, I'd take it also
    If you offered me a hit from a vape, I'd take that as well

I'd be higher than than Jesus and then we'd top it with a shot of whiskey and go get a steak.

:smoke:

11. ok just to say this your wrong idont mean that in a bad way but listen up ill explain it all. vapes are best in trems of amount of thc you intake then bowls, bongs and bubblers are tied then blunts and joints. you only actually intake 30 of the thc from weed out of a blunt or joint so its rlly kind of a waste. next anything u pull through water will just clean the smoke and make it smoother (perks and difussed). finally vapes turn literally vaporize the weed which is pure smoke. so bongs are actually the third best but in my book number one. as any stoner knows once you go bong you dont go back.

12. Within 5% accurate... lol, so you have no idea and you got your info from some random-ass website. :eek:
    How bout some open-minded responses, such as: "Hey where did you hear that from? This website, ________, said that you are incorrect." Then draw a conclusion for what you beleive and either state it nicely or keep it to yourself.

Honestly, I have no idea who is correct, but i trust the person who posted the topic solely on the fact that he isn't an asshole like Smokitdown.

Anyways, to all the people who are open-minded enough to state a logical opposition, cheers to you. To everyone else making an ass of themselves by being so arrogant as to call someone an idiot for stating a possible fact on something you have no idea about (GOOGLE does not make you a genius, or even knowledgeable), go fuck yourself.

In short, smoke some weed, be happy, don't be an ingnorant cuntwaffle (hehe, just made that one up), and smoke some more weed. :D

Edit: The post before mine is great example of how to state your opinion without being an ass.