Bong won't pull, please help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by spiritBear, May 27, 2017.

1. I have a small 12-13inch bong. My friend got it crazy clogged after letting him borrow it, I've cleaned it using 91%alc and using sea salt and even used simple green. The piece is spotless but the tree perc inside, it's still cloudy looking and it won't hit correctly idk what else to do, its soaking in simple green now it's been a day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Stick something strong and long inside, like a jumbo paperclip that you've bent straight.

3. 420 cleaner and don't let your friend borrow it.

4. I don't think I'll be able to bend any object to reach it, and i don't think 420 cleaner will make a difference from what I've already done

5. I'll send a picture tonight but the cops took everything I have so I need to get this bong working so I have something to smoke out of

6. :/ the way the bong is set up, I doubt that's an option

7. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. They make bending pipe cleaners. Then soak it with 420 cleaner alcohol only does so much.

9. get busted by the cops then get right back to it.... seems smart.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I mean I only got a ticket, I just lost everything

11. Smoke joints?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Could I just want to figure out why my bong won't pull

13. The reason it won't pull is because it's clogged.

I think more of the concern is how to unclog it.

14. I stopped letting my friends borrow glass after the first one was cracked and the second one wasn't cleaned ever and got gunked up like yours. My condolences, hope you get her unclogged soon.

15. #16 LighthouseSeeds, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    If you have a glass pipe, try using petroleum. Let it soak for a few minutes and rinse with hot water.
    Edit: I forgot to mention that you should watch out using hot water. Let the water run from luke warm to hot over the pipe, so that the difference in temperature is not that extreme which might break the pipe.

16. You need to buy or make a flexible snake.
    Try a low "E"guitar string (bass is great).
    They also make long flexible cleaners.
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

17. Hot water. Turn tap water from your sink or bathtub on as hot as you can get it. Then let it blast down into the downstem joint or the tube opening. Let the water back flow and run out however it chooses. Just be sure the main force of the hot water is focused into your piece.

Let it go for a few minutes of hot water blasting down and then try to hit it. The key will be to get it freed up enough so you can hit it to get hot water moving through the clogged areas. Once you feel you have gotten enough of the goopy shit out of the perc by hitting it, its time to drain the bong of hot water.

Then while the glass itself is still hot, add isopropyl alcohol. I cap off the downstem joint with plastic and a rubber band. Then add the alcohol being careful to get all of the air bubbles out around the perc. Now I cap off the tube with plastic and rubber bands making sure it's secured well.

Now I shake the ever loving fuck out of it, keeping in mind that glass is fragile and some percs are exceedingly fragile. At some point the alcohol will start changing color into a faint golden or faint Amber color. It's pretty much clean when you can hit it again.

You can repeat the hot water part of the cleaning as often as needed. If your bong is a dirty stinking fucking mess, try the hot water treatment. Just let it go three to five minutes at a time and then check on it. If you let the hot water run through your piece long enough it will practically clean itself.

You can also take the shower head off of one of those wand style attachments so it's just a hose. Then jam the end of the hose into your 18.8 joint. You need to keep an eye on water pressure if your piece is crazy fucking filthy and it you jam the hose into the joint end of your bong. Hot water works very well :metal: