Bong Water

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by WhatIsWeed?, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Is it possible for your bong water to be too cold? Like does anyone put ice in the water? Im not talking about putting ice in a ice catcher but in the water? Sorry if thats confusing im stoned lol

2. Some people put ice in the water, some people put ice in the ice catches too. It's all about personal preference. Lots of people like their hit extra cold. For me, that actually feels more harsh so I have tried and actually prefer hot bong water to cold. But usually I just go with room temperature. 

You're not going to do anything "wrong" either way, it's all just about what you prefer when you're taking a hit. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. I put really cold water in my bong from the fridge and but ice in it.You could also crush up ice and put it with the water.

Lol not sure if it can be too cold but if you want to take it to the next level put your bong in the freezer.

4. Wouldn't that make it easy to crack when its ice cold like that?

Shouldn't unless it's especially shitty glass. 

Most decent to high end bongs are made with borosilicate glass which is much more resistant to thermal shock or stress than other types of glass. 

I mean if you took it straight from the freezer and stuck it in a hot oven then sure it might break, but just putting some ice in there and taking a hit should not be a problem at all. 

• Like Like x 2
  6. My favorite thing to do is find a soda that goes nicely with whatever strain I have then put that in the bong with a few ice cubes. I don't use a nice bong when I do this for fear of gunking it up; I usually just make a water bottle one for it. But it brings out the flavor in the bud so well. e.x. around April I had some bubblegum kush so it was only sensible to use cream soda. SO good. tastiest high in my life.

• Like Like x 2
  7. \t\t\t\tThanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.\t\t

8. i have always wondered this and not to do so just for curiosity. if you instead of water put hallucinogenic cactus would the cactus juice get you higher 

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will put ice in my bong sometimes. Usually after its cleaned out really good.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

10. Uh no...thc degrades with sugar. And you are most likely just tasting the soda when hitting it and not the actual strain.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. This is true, ive heard ppl also using milk, the fat in the milk will absorb the thc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Never ever put glass in a freezer you run the risk of it cracking especially older glass

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I remember back in the 80s people using alcohol or am I just dreaming??

• Like Like x 1
  15. It'll only shatter if it goes from really cold to really hot quickly, and vice versa.

16. actually I got my brother a pipe for his birthday that has an outside chamber you fill with alcohol and stick in the freezer . When you smoke from the pipe the smoke stay in the inner chamber but the freezing temperture alcohol cools it down well. It is pretty cool.
     With that you can actually just use isoproynol because well it isnt touching your bud.

I would say in a bong...just dont. I am a nervous person and somehow inhaling iso seem dangerous. I would stick a cheap vodka in the freezer until it is a freezing temperature and then use it. Also you can do this with glass because alcohol doesn't expand and freeze at the same temperature as water.

For instance my brothers pipe (with is also made of tough glass..it is pyrex I have seen the guy who owns the shop slam his pipes and bongs on counters at full force and nothing happens lol) is totally safe to put in the freezer BUT i would never put glass in the freezer with water. alcohol should be fine

17. Putting ice can give you more smoke while hitting the bong,and like a little coldy smoke.I preffer pretty hot water with some ment leaf's that will give you a smooth hit.

18. I have heard that there are risks with smoking through ice frequently as it puts more water vapour in the smoke. I don't think any of this has been subject to study though.

If you're looking for a smoother hit, keep your water clean and at room temperature, and try and use the lighter flame as little as possible. If possible, just use it for a couple seconds to get the bowl glowing, then pull through on willpower alone

For some reason I doubt that, isn't the body meant to be like 70% water content? Surely your lungs would absorb it, unless if you smoke it tonnes and tonnes, to inhale enough water vapour to drown you.

Tomorrow's top news: "Marijuana increases risk of dihydrogen monoxide poisoning."