Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bong water suck up THC?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SuperChronic!, Feb 11, 2009.

1. This may sound dumb, but I have only ever smoked out of j's and bowls. I was considering buying a bong but I generally smoke in small amounts so every bit of weed is precious, especially since I always smoke my friends up (and vice versa).

Anyway, since the smoke goes through the bong water will the water trap some THC that you would normally get out of a bowl or pipe?

2. Nah, the water doesn't absorb the THC, I'm pretty sure. Even if it does... it still gets me waaaaaaaaaaay higher than a bowl/pipe.

3. THC isn't water soluble, so the water doesn't soak it up. However, some of it does get trapped in the water, but nowhere near enough to make a difference.

4. I was wondering this same thing. The only downside to bongs imo is that they taste worse than a clean pipe when they are the slightest bit dirty. And they eat weed...

5. Thank you for all your replies :)
    I guess Ill just have to try it and see what I prefer.
    Its good to know it doesn't necessarily eat all my THC :wave:

6. Bong will get you wayy more higher... like f'ed up compared to pipes.. I think anyway

7. thc isnt water soluble, so no. the water does however filter out other nasty stuff that shouldnt go into your lungs, so it is actually a healthier way to smoke

8. Like I said, I've never smoked out of a bong. I think i'll have to try it. I have a bowl and when I use that, I just smile and think and chill out. Im curious to try a bong now that I know it wont steal all my THC lol

9. They don't waste weed, they actually get you much higher.

10. It does filter out THC, NORML did a study on it (trying to find it on their site), but it is such a small amount it barely affects the effects of bong hits. In technical terms you should get higher on bongs with no water, but that would be harsh.

11. You guys are awesome; thanks for all the replies.
    I'll keep that stuff in mind.

12. Seriously.. nowhere close enough to notice a difference :hello: