Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong water smell help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gi.baby, Aug 27, 2018.

1. #1 Gi.baby, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Does anyone add anything to their bong water to help with the smell? I try never to leave water in the bong unless I’m smoking however; we’ve all been there, sometimes I pass out and water stays in it.

I was wondering if anyone adds like mint or anything to the water to help with the smell of the water?

EDIT: I clean my bong regularly with alcohol so there’s never much resin in it. It’s clear so I feel icky smoking and it’s all dirty looking lol

2. shits gonna smell no matter what just dump it and fill it back up

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. If you want the smell to go away after you've dumped the water out, rinse it with something acidic like vinegar or lemon juice. If you get some cranberry extract, you can put a few drops of that in your water before you use it and it will keep the smell away longer as well as keep your glass cleaner longer.

You could get a vape and use that through the bong instead as well. There is hardly any smell in the water after quite a few sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. K well obviously I dump it and fill it back up. I’m asking if anyone adds anything to theirs. Thanks for your input.

5. Cranberry extract sounds really interesting! I’ll give it a try! Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. It don't work like that it's not the water that smells bad it's the resin build up in your bong lol

Unless you're going to clean your bong after every hit there's always gonna be a smell

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Clean the bong with alcohol everyday. Bong water just smells

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Rezerg, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Acidity like I mentioned acts to keep resin off the glass longer. The only bad part is if you leave the water in your bong too long, it could form bacteria from the extract. I wouldnt leave it un dumped for more than 24 hours.

9. sometimes I'll stick my vape on the end of my bong and vape through the bong. Usually clears up any smell pretty quickly with like 3 or 4 puffs. This is for if you have a mod tho, otherwise just listen to the other dudes.