Bong water for plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GasCap, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Is it a bad idea to use bong water when watering my plants? Will the bong water have any effect on the potency of the bud? Sorry, I'm a newb at this and full of questions. :p

2. yes. yes it will have an affect, for the worse. ask away.

3. WELL it wont be pretty ,itll stink up the place and kill your babies......

purified water ....by all means
    melted snow......yes
    rain..... ummhmmm
    bong water.............NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

sorry :(

4. I have to ask, what exactly is wrong with watering with bong water? All that's in it (in theory) would be the burned organic mass that used to be the bud. I mean one of the nutrients that plants are fed is ash (where the potassium is from, or one of the sources). Just because as humans we think it's gross doesn't make it so for plants. Hell plants love, literally, poop. And that's also a funny word. That is all.

5. it will probably kill it off entirely

6. but how and why?

7. how will it kill it? bong water is not at all fresh. it has chemicals from the smoke that was filtered into it. those are harsh chemicals that did not make it to your lungs. they would kill off the plant which needs fresh H20

8. Thanks good to know!

9. Harsh on our lungs =/= Harsh on a plant

I'm going to water one of my plants with bong water just to find this out because now I need to know, and I doubt anyone who's posted has done it.

['=/=' -> does not equal]

10. Id never do it myself,unless it was a plant from a bag i got...thats it.

But if i had to guess id say nothing will happen.....most of the black shit would get stuck to the top of soil...IMO

How old is the bong water your asking about?

11. Update: Nothing changed on the plants so far. The bong water I used was only from two solo seshes, so however many bowls that is (3, 5?) over a two day period.

12. keep it going if you can,also have any pics of it

i bet nothing will happen ;)

13. Keep me updated on that :eek:

14. Its funny, i poured bong water on my mom plants like 3 mins ago :D

15. wouldnt that be simular to a human eating cremated ashes of a dead relative (of course, mixed with water)?

16. For the bong water being harsh for the plant, I dont believe so... CO2(one of the many chemicals left behind in the water) are what our lunges are injured from... In case you don't remember 3rd grade science, CO2 = PLANTS FAVORITE AIR... hints why would it be different if drank,....CO2 is in soda and is bad for us, so why wouldnt it be good for a pot plant...... Damn u got NAILED

17. CO2 is not a chemical its a gas. C=Carbon, O2=oxygen put them together it makes Carbon dioxide, CO2 is what comes out when you exhale. If you want to be (no need to insult some one... shade..)... but their ARE other things that come from burning MJ that will hurt a plant like tar and other things that I can't think of right now.

O2=good 4 roots
    CO2= good for foliage

end of story

18. damn... you sound like all that just came out of your ass in 1 big splash.

maybe you should FINISH 3rd grade science before you babble on like that about what you think you know.

19. BACK IN THE 1900'S i was a very STONED young fucker who thought i was really cool growin 1 plant..........the light wasnt optomal among other things but a week after i started watering w my bong the lpant lost all color, started drooping bad(not wilting) then ALL production stopped almost like time stopped , it froze like that ...afrte 3-4 days gave it a tug n up it came dead as death like a clone that never developed roots......

dont quite know but WON'T EVER water w my bong again.....
    its like my plant got REALLY stoned n forgot it was a plant that was in the middle of growin :)

PEACE.......................

20. Damn dude, how much did you put through your bong? I always change ever sesh so there's hardly an discoloration.

Update on the test plant: So far the plant looks the same. I should note at this point that I don't have enough bong water to completely water this plant so it gets some fresh water too. Also the age of the plant is about 3 weeks and it's still in veg.

EDIT: If my plant starts to look sick I'm going to stop, I'm only going to keep up with this little experiement because I started it, I probably wouldn't have had lemmin posted before I started.