Bong vs. vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MRCRONIK, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Basically I have $200 to spend on a new piece for my collection.

I was looking at a new lable white RooR 500 ml with a diffused downstem, cone adaptor and a carbon filter for 219 including shipping.

I was also looking at the PAX vaporizer for $250.

So my question is would it be better to spend my money on a PAX or a RooR.
    I do most of my medicating at home and have always used bongs and bubblers but nothing special. I've only vaped once before and that was with a volcano but I can't remember the high very specifically b/c I smoked a couple cones before hand.

I want to have that piece that when friends come over there jaws drop in awe when I pull it out.

So which one would you purchase if you were in my situation?

MR.CRONIK

2. Picture of the RooR

MR.CRONIK

Attached Files:

3. Do you have a decent bong already? If u do I would pick up that vape. Saves your wallet and lungs.

However if you don't have a nice bong yet I would pick up the RooR

4. Unfortunately my brother broke my cheap $50 one not to long ago so at the moment no

MR.CRONIK

5. #5 Weedity, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    Okay man, what are you looking for?

A vape will give you a more head high rather than the stoned feeling a bong will give you. A vape also increases your tolerance, but burns less weed than a bong will, unless you vape a lot to get higher if you have a mean tolerance like I do. I still get stoned from vaping, but it takes more for me since my tolerance is insane. 

A bong will produce tar, resin, and burn more weed usually. It will have to be cleaned more, refresh the water, etc. It can break easily as well. More money to put into it.

A vape only needs to be cleaned every now and then. The warranties usually cover damages unless you are stupid. 

For my say, go for the Arizer Solo, think of it as a more powerful Pax. The Pax is great for stealth, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for you. The Arizer Solo is cheaper, stronger, better vapor, better warranty. I promise you that, but if you want stealth over efficiency the Pax is still a good choice. 

6. The high so far has been the only thing putting me off from getting the vape I want that piece that right after you exhale you just think to your self...Fuck... if that makes any sense lmao.

MR.CRONIK

7. The Arizer Solo has seven temperature settings, so you can hit pretty harsh vapor and get stoned, or hit light vapor and get less stoned. That's why I love it! The pax sadly only has three settings, so less choices.

Plus, vapes like the Silver Surfer hit HARD and get you pretty high, especially if you hook them up to a bong. Vaporbongs are great and real easy to set up too. Like for my Solo I take the stem of the solo and put it into the downstem of my bong and it works like a charm! 

8. I was also looking at Da buddha which from what I've read seems to be very similar to the silver surfer but cheaper. Would it produce the same effects?

MR.CRONIK

9. I am sure it will be a good vape, but here is what I found online:

The SSV is a lot more customizable. The aroma top is still yet to come out on that but is due to in the next month or two. The design on the aroma top is better on the DB but we are redesigning the SSV one as well and should come out soon too. In the beginning the heaters in the DB were made by a different company and cheaper to us.

Low and behold... you get what you pay for and they were crap. So we now use the SSV heaters for the DB, the DB are just cheaper for us to make. The DB are now being made mostly in china then shipped to us where we put the glass and finals on them... the SSV is still fully assembled here in the good old USA!!!!!!! Again a little more expensive for us to make. The knobs on them take us 3 days of work until they are ready to be put on the vapes, so that in itself is a long drawn out process, but we dont trust them overseas to keep our quality in our product alive!

10. Haha wow the SS sounds really nice might be be getting that eventually.
    Forgot to mention the reason for buying the pax is b/c I'm getting a killer deal on it $125 for a brand new one.
    Thanks for the help.

You're an avid vaporizer user correct? What's the difference between the smoking high and the vape high? Big difference?

MR.CRONIK

11. Attachments I would be getting with the RooR

MR.CRONIK

Attached Files:

12. #3 1382732015990.jpg

MR.CRONIK

13. #13 Weedity, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    Well, shit, 125 dollars is cheap for a Pax. Doesn't sound bad at all. Pax is still a good vape! 

As for the high, I'd say it depends on your tolerance. For me, I have a really high tolerance so when I vape I sometimes don't feel high unless I vape a bigger amount. I don't feel as stoned, you know like retarded and sitting on the couch kinda high. Vaping makes me feel a more thinking and active high. I never really get that burnt feeling from vaping as well. Plus if I vape enough I still can get stoned, just takes more than getting stoned of a bong.

Hitting the bong for awhile I'll end up more giggly and lazy and burnt later. Hitting the vape I think more and stay more active. 

My buddy who has a low tolerance though vapes and he swears he feels stoned. He will sit there red eyed as fuck and just be baked like he would have off a bong. 

So low tolerance, probably won't be a big difference. Just a less "stoned retarded" feeling. High tolerance you will feel a more thinking, active head high. 

We??   Us??   You work for 7th Floor?

15. Haha no it was from an old GC post where someone copy and pasted an email they got from them 

16. Weedity gave some great advice.

I think you should get a decent desktop vape for like 150 and then save up a little for a decent bong.  It sounds like you are wanting to get stoned though so you might just want to stick with the tried and true bong.  

Vaping is great for daytime activities though and it brings a whole new game to getting high. I have come to appreciate the different flavors and different highs each different strain gives.  I get way higher from vaping than I do smoking the same amount of weed, but I personally haven't gotten stoned from vaping but I keep the temperature below 420.

Decisions decisions...

17. You can get what ever high you want from a vape(depending on the vape).

18. I just vaped about .25 and I'm fuck..

EQ

19. I'd go with the pax, and get a generic bong for $75

20. #20 lwien, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013