Bong vs. Vape

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sublime, May 10, 2017.

1. I know I've likely asked this before but I'd like some fresh and new opinions on this matter.

So, if my budget is $150 - $200 for a bong or vape, would you say a desktop vape like the Arizer EQ would be a better choice, or a bong for $200 or less would be a better choice?

I'm looking for something that will smoke great and get me stoned and hit very smooth and where the taste stands out.

I don't vape, so I'm not experienced with it and in the past, I've had bad luck with herb vapes where you need to repack it after every hit and you also need to constantly maintain it and even replace parts.

you know, before I put 200 dollars into something I regret instead of a nice nice bong I could get

2. I'm not sure what kind of vape you had before but they're pretty low maintenance and easy to use.

If you're wanting a desktop Vape I would suggest The LSV so you can use it with a bong.
    Life Saber Vaporizer - PuffItUp!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Here's an example

I've been using mine like that for over two years...great taste and huge rips

• Like Like x 1
  4. It was some kind of $70 vape herb pen and it was absolute trash. It's kept me from dabbling back into the herb vape world. Big turn off is the one hit per vape and that maintenance.

It looks interesting, but is that really vaping? And do you need to have a bong to vape out of it? The Arizer EQ has an attachment that goes to a bong as well, I've had my heart set on that vape if I were to try a new vape.

5. Yes it's absolutely vaping. Some vapes are better designed for dry or to use through a water pipe. Dry vaping with the LSV is harsh but using it though a water piece is magic.

The EQ is not a bad vape..just kind of old now. I strongly suggest the LSV, all glass vapor pathway...no whips or tubes.

There are also powerful portables that you can use with water pipes. There are many vapes out right now and it's only expanding. It's the best way to consume cannabis IMO. I hate combusting now...vaporizing herb>smoking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The LSV does seem pretty good, but I am just weary about whether or not my bong piece would work with the LSV. And it seems to have more disadvantages, to me, compared to the EQ. Based on this video about LSV

7. Honestly there is very little info on vaporizers here. Check out fuckcombustion.com

• Like Like x 1
  8. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want a desktop vape for dry and wet vaping then maybe the LSV is not for you. My plan was to always use a bong with the LSV so it was the best choice for me. Not a fan of whips and plastic tubes...i like all glass vapor path for best taste.

9. This is true, but I did kinda want to dry vape too at the same time. Because I don't necessarily have the best bong in the world, which is why I asked the question to get a nice bong or a nice vape essentially.

10. Then I would just buy a nice portable vape. Don't waste money on more glass. I regret buying my last bong...300 bones then I broke it. waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa

IDK glass is cool but not a good investment. Look into some powerful portables if you really want to dry vape....a lot of them can attach to a bong anyway. My suggestion is the Arizer Air, i love that little vape. The Arizer Solo 2 just came out I would also look into that...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Only complaint here is, I can get the Arizer Air for the same price as the EQ. Truth be told, I'll likely never go portable with an herb vape, so portability isn't important to me. I feel as though the EQ would perform better and be more efficient, being as it is constantly plugged into a wall. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

12. Are you from a medical or legal state? If so Id get a bong and some sort of vape for wax,oil, which runs about 50$

The best thing about wax pens, is the no smell. But I honestly would rather hit a bong.

13. No not really. Only difference is one uses rechargeable batteries the other has to be plugged in the wall. Arizer is known for making efficient vapes.
    You seem pretty set on the EQ lol, so go for it. As long as you invest in a quality vape you can't go wrong. I would also look at log vapes since you don't need portability.

14. Only reason was because I did a lot of research on the EQ, and it seems pretty idiot-proof. I'm just making sure you understand what I need it for, and you kept suggesting portable and being the tech guy I am, I know that anything portable will naturally not be able to use as much power as something that is directly powered by an outlet. For example, a laptop can't perform the same as a desktop computer.

But if it's not the case, and that the Arizer Air is just as powerful as the EQ, perhaps I'll go with that. My main concern was efficiency, and I've just been weary with my first herb vape I bought which was trash.

Please do describe log vapes, what are their benefits over a regular vape?

15. I went with the Arizer EQ in the end.... It is now on the way! I can't wait to give it a try and see how a good vape actually feels.... I'll update how I feel about it after I've received it and used it once or twice.

I recommended the LSV to my friend, and he seemed pretty interested. If he gets it, I'll definitely bum a hit off it at least and let you know!

16. 1) great username. Fuck Rome.
    2) you'll never regret the extreme Q. I got mine on eBay for $150 almost 3 years ago!!!!! It still works perfectly. Every 6 months I unscrew the bottom and a bunch of vaped bud falls out... this helps the air flow better. Happy vaping

17. 1) agreed
    2) I do kind of feel as though the EQ doesn't produce thick enough smoke. I like to hit drags big enough to make me cough, the full, thick smoke you think of when you vape, I want that. But with the EQ, just got it today and used it with 3 - 4 bowls messing with setting using the bag mostly,I feel as though it's unable to get the bag to be smoky. Maybe I have high standards, but I want that bag to be a straight cloud of smoke. Or at least enough to get a big hit off of. I can personally take 1 big hit off the bag and finish it. Kinda sad, really. Temp is at 195 C. I've cranked it up from 200 to 210 but 185 -195 seems best.

I will say I'm pretty baked off of it though, and it's quick and simple. I suppose the EQ simply is not the vape that I have been looking for. The vape I have been looking for is one with a full, thick smoke like you would think of with most vapes.

18. It's not for everyone. I've bought all the best vapes there are and I only used them a few times. The sublimator is not too bad

19. Man, I really wanted to like the vape too. I have found I really enjoy the bags. I really didn't think I would at first either. But they're pretty fun actually. Just wish I could get one smokey.....

20. My volcano got really smoked bags if I set the temp 7-10. The eq should get as hot as the volcano