Bong vs Rig

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 5hmoe, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Why is it that my tiny ass oil rig gets me way more stoned with less oil, than my bong with oil rig attachment..

2. Butane is a hell of a drug

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. idk but fuck big rigs. all my rigs been smaller then 6 inches. the smaller the better. i had a custom rig blown tht was only 2 inches. i was on porbation nd my homie broke it. oh well hes paying me more then i paid originally for it

4. What's butane?

5. efficiency.

6. Try putting attachment on a smaller bong. 👌

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. pretty much.
    shorter path from nail to face.
    less surface area for reclaim.
    they say the closer the bubbles pop to your face, the more flavor.

8. #8 Dr fumbles, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    It's all about less smoke loss. This is my new piece and since I switched from my 11.5 inch devol to this little guy I have been taking smaller dabs and just been getting stupid high. But it sure does make me appreciate my devol when I bust her out every now and then. My hand is about 8 inches long for size comparison.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397278586.205616.jpg

9. damn how much that little guy cost you?

10. That little guy I got in a trade for my old froth plus cash on their end obviously. But the toro mini macs normally run $200 for a clear to $250 for the basic colored lip ones.
    Here is the old froth and new devol. The devol and froth hit smoother but the mini Mac gets me so much higher i personally feel like
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397279019.087989.jpg

11. rigs are better because theyre vaporizing the oil and that is a much much much more efficient way to do it. ive only smoked oil a handful of times, but the time i did it out of a dab rig i got infinitely higher than any other time. i had probably 15 individual decent size dabs (about 10 dollars worth) and i smoked the whole thing out of my double chamber bubbler, melted on to some bud, and i didnt get nearly as high as i did from the rig. i mean i got super stoned and i laughed a lot and it was fun, but when i hit it out of the rig (it was a pipe rig and had no water filtration which might have something to do with it, vs the double chambers) it was a serious trip and i couldnt stop smiling for hours. it was like being a kid totally new to weed again. and i smoked probably 5 to 10 times more out of the bong and didnt even get as high as 1 hit (i know i said 15 dabs but this dab was pretty fat) from the rig

anyways what im saying is yes a rig is infinitely better for smoking hash oil than a bong. i dont smoke oil because i dont want to spend the money on a dab rig and im good with my homemade or 10- dollar pieces (my double chamber bubbler was 7 dollars). but if i had the money, i would go for a rig in a heartbeat. 

also you will get sick resin, its not even really resin people sometimes call it 'reclaim' because its so potent. you can scrape and smoke that when youre dry or wait til it gets really full and clean it with everclear (dont use rubbing alcohol) and make browniesssss for daysssss. 

12. What exactly is the problem with ISO rubbing alcohol?

13. I also would like to know this.

14. Isopropyl alcohol, aka wood alcohol, is toxic. Ethanol not so much.

So if you are experimenting it is a good idea to use the least toxic alcohol, unless you are dead sure you can get some other solvent completely out of your reclaim.