Bong vs bubbler?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by B.I.G., Jan 6, 2010.

1. What up tokers? So I'm buying a new glass piece, woohoo! My budget is 200$ but 100$ to 150$ would be ideal. I have never owned a water piece before except for a low quality mini hammer but I've made about a million bongs from water bottles and even a pineapple once. I do own a bowl now but I'm going to sell it because I will never use it when I have my new piece because I hardly use it now because I like j's way better than bowls. Anyway, I can't decide between a bong or a bubbler. If i got a bubbler I would probably get a Sherlock (unless you convince me otherwise.) Stealth isn't really an issue. To my knowledge bongs are more expenisve so I figured if that much money isn't going to get me a real nice bong I might as well get a sick bubbler. Tell me which you think is better (for my budget) and why? Feel free to throw some pics up. Also if you say bubbler, which kind do u think is best (I know of hammers, sherlocks, and sidecars)?

Happy Toking!:smoking:

2. Definitely check this out

lol ok but srsly in my opinion if stealth is not a concern I would purchase a bong. With that kind of money you should take a look at your local headshop to see what glass they have! You don't have to spend much to get a nice piece either... I can get a nice medium sized bong at my headshop for 100 and under... anything more and you will get glass on glass which is very nice, and perc's! Up to you...you have the obillity to get a nice bong and to be able to get completely blazed the fastest :smoke:

3. Just go check out a bunch of local headshops, and just look for whatever you like best, it might be a bong, it might be a steamroller, but when you get a piece that you love you'll want to use it all the time.

4. i say get both, im getting a ubbler and ima test it towards my bong, what ever one you like best i guess. Its a matter of how you like to hit your herb. Hard or smooth.

5. i got a bubbler for christmas (i own 2 bongs a bubbler and a spoon all cheap alright glass but my bubbler is the heavier then my 1st bong my 2nd bong is glass on glass
    "GEAR" (no percs since there percs are shit but the tubes are perfect and thick)

if your looking for a simple glass piece hold it at the headshop to see if its heavy
    look for something else if the other piece is heavier and you like it more buy it.

thickness is very important but if your careful with your glass and not alot of people will be handling it eh doesnt matter

bubblers are good

bongs are PERFECT

its all up too you man just dont get something thin other then that enjoy (brands,looks and price do not matter) its your buy like it :D

6. I would get a bong if i were you, will definitely rip harder then bubbler!:bongin:
    And 100-200 can get you a legit glass on glass bong,i would just stay away from percs cause they probably wont be that good in that price range,

7. LW 6 arm for the mother fucking win.

8. bong... i wouldn't reccomend getting both as someone suggested earlier because they're pretty much the same concept. But, i'd definitely say bong. Check out SYN* if your headshop has them lol. They're cheap, durable, and good quality.

Let us know what you get and happy toking bro :bongin:

9. bubblers are cool for on the go, but if its only gonna be used around the house ide go with a decent bong. bongs get me way more ripped. ide go for a decent bong and add a diffuser and an a/c. thats just me though

10. Call me crazy, and i love bongs, and sometimes you can get more ripped off them, but bubblers portabliltyand ease in hiding in situations pushes them forward for me. I'm a toker that likes havin solo seshs walkin through the woods enjoying nature, or driving around with some friends on a BR, and these are many times extremely difficult with the use of a bong.

Now then again, i guess you could get a bong, and just roll j's and blunts for walks.... nahhhhhh lol

11. i agree with this 100%

12. Thanks for all the input you potheads.:D Seriously though you guys think of stuff I don't but I am still undecided. As much as everyone does say you get more ripped off a bong and it saves weed and all that other hype, I really like the idea of portability of a bubbler. Car smoking is a regular thing for me and my friends and I think the bubbler would be much more convenient in that situation. I'm still undecided though, as of right now I'm just gonna roll up to the headshop friday and see what I like but keep the ideas coming.

13. [quote name='sebringit']Call me crazy, and i love bongs, and sometimes you can get more ripped off them, but bubblers portabliltyand ease in hiding in situations pushes them forward for me. I'm a toker that likes havin solo seshs walkin through the woods enjoying nature, or driving around with some friends on a BR, and these are many times extremely difficult with the use of a bong.

what kind of bubbler would u recommend? i was thinking sherlock if i go with a bubbler

14. most of my toking is in the car with friends as well.. we pass around the 18 1/2 inch bong all night, its really not a problem. but its your choice and you need to be happy with it in the long run, not us.

good luck, hope you find a sick peice :bongin:

15. id say get a bubbler then save up and get a bong

16. As much as I enjoy my bubbler, If I had to pick out my favorite kind of piece it would have to be a good bong.

17. As far as what sort of bubbler i'd recomend, i say go check them all out at your local head shop and then make your decision.

18. a waffle bub would be sick, but so would a waffle tube.

what im trying to say, its personal preference.

19. If you live on your own and can smoke in your place, then go with the bong. If youre livin with parents or at a place where you cant smoke or have to leave to smoke, get the bubbler.

20. yea i gotta leave my house to smoke but i got a chillass spot in the woods that me and my friends made, its got couches and a tarp roof and shit its dirty. i still can't decide im just gonna make the call when i go down to south street this weekend and check out the selection at the headshop. thanks for all the input guys.