Bong to get? 500-800

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TetrHydrCann, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Well I get my financial aid reimbursement this week which is around $2k-$3k and I'm gonna spend part of it on nice high quality glass. I'm thinking right now I'm going to go with the Mobius 65T Stereo Matrix, because it's some what comparable with the Stem 8 which is near impossible to get and it don't have the patience right now to wait. Any other suggestions of what I should get in the same price range or a bit more? Money isn't an issue really and I just bought a zip of weed, so all I need now is a great piece.Here is the weed that I bought by the way - Purple Wreck ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391327020.921303.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Mane. Buy a Hi Si bong for $150 and donate $50. Shit feels good and then you break in a new bong. Shieet I might do that myself tomorrow. Not a hi si tho due to the fact I'm cheap bueno

3. [quote name="ChiefOne" post="19451595" timestamp="1391330044"]Mane. Buy a Hi Si bong for $150 and donate $50. Shit feels good and then you break in a new bong. Shieet I might do that myself tomorrow. Not a hi si tho due to the fact I'm cheap bueno[/quote]Ya I'm not cheap lol I want something that I'll appreciate and will work wonders. Don't feel like donating.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What kind of tube are you looking for brother, and what is important to you?

Some of the things that could help us make a suggestion:

Oil/flower
    Size
    Percolation
    Worked/looks
    Layback/regular
    Chug/dragless

5. Hey bud, I should be getting my Möbius 65t in a few days, I was originally going to get a Stem8 but could not get my hands on one... But after a lot of research I'm happy I got the Möbius as a replacement. Heard nothing but amazing things about it.Irritated when I'm not sedated.

6. [quote name="koruptyg" post="19452102" timestamp="1391347296"]What kind of tube are you looking for brother, and what is important to you?Some of the things that could help us make a suggestion:Oil/flowerSizePercolationWorked/looksLayback/regularChug/dragless[/quote]Size and looks really doesn't matter but they usually look good anyways. I'm getting it mainly for flowers but to plan to take dabs on it aswell. I want percolation for sure, I love how bubbles shack and smooth hits. Idc about drag much as long as it's not to much drag. Hope this helps.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19452185" timestamp="1391349683"]Hey bud, I should be getting my Möbius 65t in a few days, I was originally going to get a Stem8 but could not get my hands on one... But after a lot of research I'm happy I got the Möbius as a replacement. Heard nothing but amazing things about it.Irritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote]Yea you are right, I hear a lot of great things about it aswell, and usually the next step down from the stem 8Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Man, I was going to suggest the two you are wanting! Matrix or stem8 for sure. Maybe a king stem or g-line if you want less drag.

9. OK lets go for it, you've specified quite a generous price range:p 

The ones that I recommend here are just that, recommendations and I do not have personal experience with most. I do believe that I have a somewhat good understanding of how they work so I'd say that you should check out some water tests with them, preferably smoke tests. 

On some of them I cannot comment on the quality of glass cause I haven't been in the community to long. I do how ever believe that these ones will give you the "most bong" for the money while getting a somewhat decent brand, a NN brand would obviously be cheaper. You also have some cheaper pieces, like the stero matrix and some DR that could be quite good but I've tried to slavishly stay in your price range.

So, some of these might be good, others might not. Check them out:)

Stone Glass Works - Double Waffle Perc Bubbler
    Vertigo PILLAR Recycler Showerhead Direct Injection Vapor Rig
    4.O Glass - Perc in a Perc Straight Tube
    Mad Rob - Worked 12 Arm to Circ Mini Tube
    SWAGGER - WORKED "SACRED G" GRIDDED INLINE TO CIRC
    Toro 17" Tall Spilt Bore (7-2-13 Arm) Straight Tube with Red Elvis Perc
    OLYMPIC - BENT NECK HORIZON HELIX 60MM DIRECT INJECT
    Dave Goldstein - 65 mm Can with Fritted Disc
    Hedman Headies Fire & Ice UFO to 12Arm Straight
    SLEEK DESIGNS - WORKED STRAIGHT TUBE GRIDDED STEMLINE TO 12 ARM
    SYN Glass - Triple Full Size Showerhead

Hope you see something you like. I'd most excited about the SGW and the Vertigo pillar, even if the latter one is a vapor tube.

GL Brother:)

10. You could get a nice custom Roor from Germany.  

11. Matrix! And youll save some money.

12. Definitely can't go wrong with möbius, but maybe take a look at sovereignty too.

13. [quote name="koruptyg" post="19452496" timestamp="1391355806"]OK lets go for it, you've specified quite a generous price range:p The ones that I recommend here are just that, recommendations and I do not have personal experience with most. I do believe that I have a somewhat good understanding of how they work so I'd say that you should check out some water tests with them, preferably smoke tests. On some of them I cannot comment on the quality of glass cause I haven't been in the community to long. I do how ever believe that these ones will give you the "most bong" for the money while getting a somewhat decent brand, a NN brand would obviously be cheaper. You also have some cheaper pieces, like the stero matrix and some DR that could be quite good but I've tried to slavishly stay in your price range.Hope you see something you like. I'd most excited about the SGW and the Vertigo pillar, even if the latter one is a vapor tube.GL Brother:)[/quote]I'm really liking the SGW double waffle Perc bubbler. Even the actually SGW Waffle Perc bong looks good too. Someone is also selling a Goldstien 13" Fritted Bong for $300 on Craig's. I'm sure I can talk him down but nkw with all these options it's hard to decide.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. [quote name="Team_Waffle" post="19457711" timestamp="1391435656"]Definitely can't go wrong with möbius, but maybe take a look at sovereignty too.[/quote]Yup everyone who has a mobius, enjoys it and SG is just really hard to find, at least the pieces I want.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #15 TetrHydrCann, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    This guy is asking for $300 Goldstein 13" Fritted Perc ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391477259.455858.jpg This guy is asking $250 Pyrology Double Showerhead ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391477309.493566.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I'm thinking of adding another piece soon so I've been checking around youtube to see some bubble vids.

I was looking at sovereignty stemlines and the olympic horizonline.  A few things I noticed when comparing the video, maybe someone who's used these pieces can chime in as well.

1) Comparing the sov stemline and the newer gline.....it looks like the stemline functions better with more of the holes firing.
    2) Comparing the upgrid with the down grid....I think the upgrid would function better, looks like the whole perc is firing.
    3) comparing the stemline to the horizon...seems like the olympic functions better, requires less pull to get all the percs firing and they seem to fire more consistently.

I've never hit any of these pieces so I'd love to get some input from someone who has.  But based of the videos I've watched, I'm leaning toward an olympic horizonline for a medium flower tube.

17. #18 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Toro double micro froth to froth. Or a Toro shrub circ to froth. I owned the shrub I just mentioned, and it was my favorite piece. I have never hit a smoother bong. And the froth perc is out of this world. I'm a fan of Toro. They definitely offer a quality piece, with unique designs, at a fairly reasonable price. Both of those are under the seven hundred mark. Pending on if you can get one with, or without work (coloured glass). Either way you will still walk away with some change.Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app