Bong smell

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Turko, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I have this bong that I use alot and I love it. But it's gotten that smell of like old weed, you guys probaly know what I mean. Like when I suck in the bong with nothing insid of it has this weird taste. Is there any to get rid of it or at least lower it lol?

2. clean it?

3. What would the proper way of cleaning it. Soap and water?

4. rubbing alcohol. just make sure you use water though after the alcohol cause you dont want the smaell of the rubbing alcohol in it.

5. almost.

use HOT almost BOILING water, with some isopropyl alcohol. either 91 or 71.

91 is better

6. #8 Turko, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016

7. rubbing alcohol and coarse salt.
    I would never put any non metal piece in high temperatures, seen too many breaks from my friends who used to say boiling pieces was the way to go.

8. Don't use rubbing alcohol if it is acrylic, that's when you used soap and hot water.

9. ^^yep. If its an acrylic tube your best bet is to just trash it and get a new one. Acrylics are made to be thrown away when they get too gross, as most cleaners will eat away at the tube. If its glass then I would use either Iso alcohol and salt, or soak it overnight in simple green or grunge off.

10. i dont recommend boiling pieces.

but i like to pour hot water into the base with a tea pot.

its not like super hot, but sit cant touch the shit lol.