Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong slide care advice?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WhippyDip, Sep 25, 2011.

1. I keep breaking slides. I've been through about 7 now. I do admit I bring my bong around a lot to people's houses,smoke spots, etc. but I am being careful. I keep my bong wrapped in bubble wrap and a towel in a backpack, and the slide is wrapped separate with its own sheet of bubble wrap. I don't drop the bag a lot and I make sure it doesn't move around in my car. They just keep breaking...Has anyone developed a method to protecting bong slides? Even though they're cheap, its a pain in the ass to drive an hour to the nearest head shop.
    Thanks.

2. Dont drop it!

3. i use to be like you , bringin my bong everywhere and breakin em... lmao

i can only suggest 2 things that worked for me
    - keep your bong at home, and only smoke Js when ur out
    - buy a case for ur bong (or use a lot of towels and wraps) to protect ur bong and dont leave it lying around at peoples houses

respect ur glass piece bro.

4. Get a better quality one other thN the thin 5 dollar ones they sell at headshop. 20 bucks should get you a pretty sweet slide in my experience

5. grommet bong?

6. Try finding a hard-sided eyeglasses case and putting your slide in that. I've heard others say that worked for them.

7. #7 Seeds 'n' Stems, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    It only takes one time to break your piece...

Just put it inside of something with a hard shell and stuff it with bubble wrap so it doesn't move around. Something like the glasses case idea above. And stop dropping the bag! You're obviously not careful enough if it's happened 7 times, man.

8. hey, op be high :smoking:

9. My friend has a grommet bong and breaks his slides all the time because they are cheap and super thin glass. Either buy a nicer 20 dollar thicker slide, or upgrade to a GoG bong.