Bong shopping $500 limit

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TheMasterKief, Dec 11, 2012.

1. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Weed Christmas in Seattle. I am looking for a hefty investment in a bong that can be a lifetime companion to me. My limit is $500, but I'd rather spend under $250. Any recommendations on specific bongs? I was thinking about getting an Illadelph but am not sure. I also want something between 1 and 2 feet with ice notches.

2. #2 birdouttahell, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    You have a ton of options for $500

Have you ever tried a nice bubbler? I just bought one and it's better than any bong i've ever hit, it's smoother and tastes better

I would look at Mobius, You could buy a tube but check out their Stemless Bubbler with the Stereo Matrix perc

3. For a great piece at a nice price I would look into talking out a custom piece with apix they do great work from what I've seen and am trying to discuss a custom piece of my own with them

4. for $250 i would hit up apix design for stemline to disk or even a custom if possible. If your trying to spend $500 then I would try and see if anything is available from mobius or SG. I can't really speak for these tubes since I never tried them before but I am currently looking at mobius stereo matrix or SG stemline to inverted 4. If anyone has any input on these tubes it would be nice if someone can do a write up.

5. I've never personally owned a stereo matrix (though I do want one if I can find it) I've heard from many people that nothing compares to their draglessness or smoothness and a great pieces for flowers or concentrates

6. [quote name='"TheMasterKief"']It's the most wonderful time of the year. Weed Christmas in Seattle. I am looking for a hefty investment in a bong that can be a lifetime companion to me. My limit is $500, but I'd rather spend under $250. Any recommendations on specific bongs? I was thinking about getting an Illadelph but am not sure. I also want something between 1 and 2 feet with ice notches.[/quote]

Fellow WA toker !!! What's this weed Christmas u speak of ? Is it an event ?

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPYW_33go0]Mobius Stereo Matrix 60mm - YouTube[/ame]

8. Maybe look into a sovereignty, an ABS, or a blue dot.

9. No event. Just an overall camaraderie shared by fellow cheeseheads in the beautiful PNW during the holidays!

10. [quote name='"TheMasterKief"']

No event. Just an overall camaraderie shared by fellow cheeseheads in the beautiful PNW during the holidays![/quote]

Well fuck...gonna have to take trips from puyallup/tacoma area over to Seattle more often.

11. anyone know the tool he is using to light the bowl? I want one, lightersare giving me cancer #lightersgivecancer

12. Herb iron, i have one and its great!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBywHdM6Hk]DSC 0497 - YouTube[/ame]

13. What about black leaf?

14. no.... just, no.

15. Does anyone think illadelph is a worthy investment? My buddy broke the base that the only negative I've heard about them

16. I'm not an Illy fan.. There kinda like RooR in that they more sell there name rather than a badass product :/

Check out Möbius and 4.0.. 4.0 will have some badass stuff in that price range at least at my LHS he does :smoke:

17. with illadelph a lot of what youre paying is for the name. Their perc technologies are pretty outdated too, so I'd look elsewhere man. Companies like Stone Glass Works, Sovereignty, Mobius, Toro, Manifest, SYN, Hitman, etc. are much more up to date in the current progressions of the glass world and have better all around prices than illadelph.

To me buying Illadelph is the same as buying a RooR; or, for those not familiar with the glass world, buying Nike shoes.
    There are tons of other companies out there making shoes as good, or even better than Nike for much cheaper. So why buy the Nike? Well, the only fathomable reason is that you are attracted to that specific brand; whether it be their logo, their business ethics, their advertising, whatever. Personally, I find this a pointless waste of money, but if repping the name brand is your thing, go for it man!

18. Check out our glass.

19. Möbius is just so damn expensive. I have the $500 budget but I really only want to spend under $300 unless the experience of a Möbius is really worth the $200 more

20. as far as I can tell from watching and reading all about them, yes, it most certainly is.