Bong Sealant

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ThroarDoomstic, Apr 28, 2015.

1. #1 ThroarDoomstic, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Alright, I recently made a bong out of a lawn gnome. The gnome itself is made out of "polystone", which seems to be a mixture of sand, bits of stone, and whatever chemical agent they used to bind everything together. With that being said, I'm trying to find a good sealant, maybe like some sort of gloss, that I can pour into the gnome so none of the polystone can affect the smoke (if this is even a possibility). What's the best sealant/coating I could use for this purpose without having to put the bong in a kiln or something. Could probably just smoke out of it now, but with the lack of info on the actual ingredients of polystone, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

2. Ummmmmmmmm. Some of the things that I'm thinking about that could be used would be to viscus unless you can open up the gnome.

Other then that you could look around online for bong lawn ortiments. No joke I was on GC awhile ago and they had a mushroom garden ordiment(?) One head covered the bowl. And the other covered the mouth peice. An doesn't even look like a bong

3. Google is a wonderful thing... http://www.polystone.com.au/technical-data/

You can I read it I hope, I found it for you though! [​IMG]

4. Thanks for the specs. Doesn't seem to be toxic at all. And with water the inside should never be able to heat enough to cause damage.

To reod12x2:
    What were the sealants you were thinking? Could potentially open it up.

5. #5 Reo, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    I think jb weld has a food grade glue. Then there could be silicone or other things that are "gooey" but would do the trick.

Mostly what im thinking about. Wouldn't be you poor it in and rotate the item and it coats the inside.

But if the stuff is non toxic then no worries. Since the above sealents wouldn't be cleanable.......

Or if you do open it up you could put a internal bong in it. But that would be a little tricky