Bong seal isn't sealed well

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by millen, Apr 10, 2009.

1. I just bought a bong a few days ago and since I wasn't really thinking about it, the seal on the bong I bought isn't sealed well. If you cover the slider without the bowl in it and blow, you can feel air coming out of the bung because it isn't well sealed.

It looks like the bung was re-drilled, and as a result it isn't a perfect circle. It feels like the slider that it came with is loose within the bung, could I possibly buy a new slider that would fit better?

I can't post pictures now because I'm at home and it's in my apartment at college, but I will be able to on sunday night.

Any suggestions are appreciated

2. i'm going to assume it's not glass on glass. I had a salvaged roor with the female part for the downstem completely broken off. With a rubber seal thing like you find on cheap plastic pipes and some silicon cement I made it completely airtight.

If I'm understanding you wrong and it's glass on glass then I'm not sure what you can do.

3. get a lil rubber seal to seal off the open space

unless its glass on glass, idk then

4. I've tried looking for a good rubber part to replace the one that it came with but I haven't found one that fits well yet. Can you give any suggestions as to where I should look for a good replacement?

Also, I didn't want to use rubber cement or silicone cement because I thought that the lighter might heat it up and the fumes that it produces could be bad for you. If there is a product that can make an airtight seal and isn't toxic when heated, what is it?

Thanks

5. #5 millen, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    I've solved it. I bought a new slide with some better grommets to make it a bit better; but it still wasn't sealed completely so we got some adhesive putty for hanging up posters. We just put that around the base and it's completely airtight. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

We also bought a new bowl because the hole is drilled at an odd angle so it's almost horizontal. THe new bowl has a chamber so it bubbles twice:

[​IMG]

I might post a milkshot of it tonight if you want

6. Post some milkshots and possible a video if you can.