Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong rips cough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MIVD23-56ce11ac760e2, Jan 26, 2013.

1. I have an issue fellow tokers, Ive been smoking for years off and on pipes/joints/blunts and sometimes bong. Lately ive been using a smaller bong/ water pipe and also a taller bong maybe twice a week and i cant seem to finish a sesh or even make it through the third hit without coughing my lungs out. Its very strange bc i cough for a while (maybe 30 sec to a 1 min) and then continue to take 2 or 3 hits more and im fine, some slight cough here and there but nothing compared to the first ones.

Ive read that coughing gets you even more high and i think its kinda true but i hate coming close to sufficating when im just trying to relax.

Has this happen to you? Or do you know what i could do to change this? Is it just me having week lungs?

Also ive always smoked with an ice catcher, they say it makes it smoother so that wouldnt be a solution. When i smoke joints or pipes i cough but after huge hits or towards the end of the sesh.

Thanks for your help!

2. use ice-cold water in the bong and take it easy on those hits. you can't rip a bong as hard as you hit a blunt without getting ALOT more smoke.

3. Thank you, al give it a try.

4. Start taking snaps, only pack as much as you can take in one hit without coughing a lot. That way you keep from accidentally taking too big of a hit, plus the taste is better.

5. This, and - being able to efficiently rip bongs is something you can fall in and out of, I believe. If you continue to smoke bongs on the regular the experience will become smoother again.

6. Does it make a diff in my cough if i use a normal lighter or hemp wick?

7. It shouldn't, but hemp wick is a lot healthier and also will taste far better.

8. No, but too much lighter gas being inhaled will make you cough. I forgot to say, the way I learned to rip bongs again was that you light it at first - lighter off. Bubble it reasonably slowly and get the whole cone glowing with no lighter on it. Once there's about 1/3 -1/2 left put the lighter back on and rip that shit. Good luck man.

9. I have heard the rumor that you get more high when you cough. I think it is just the lack of oxygen in a short amount of time that gives you a sensation of feeling higher for a moment. Then you are just stoned like usual, but the placebo effect is very powerful. If you feel more stoned, then you must be more stoned! Sound logic, right?!

10. Coughing doesn't get you more high, but when you take fat hits, you cough more and get higher.

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

11. a tip for coughing.. i have no idea if it REALLY works but it helps me when i'm in a coughing fit.

bring the front part of your shirt over your nose/mouth, kind of like a gas mask. and cough into your shirt.

12. Just gotta pack smaller bowls and work your way up.