Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1st, Apr 12, 2009.

1. This is a follow up on another thread I posted a while back. Some of the answers to that thread sparked new questions. So, as a first time smoker using a small bong http://www.water-bongs-glass-pipes.com/FotoCache/big/123-small-red-spiral-bong.jpg (simiar to that), answer these:

1) what is a carb? everyone keeps throwing that word around

2) very quickly (because I could look it up and dont want to waste your time) whats the difference between a bong and a bubbler

3) what temperature water should go in your bong for smoking? hot? cold? should I add anything to the water?

4) I know that with my bong you can pull out the 'stem', put your finger over both holes, and go for a huge hit. should I do this? is it worth it?

2. A carb is a hole on your piece that you cover while you light your bud, and when you uncover it air flows freely in your pipe pushing that hit to your lungs. Pulling the slider out of your bong is essentially like uncovering the carb hole.

Bongs tend to be straight tubes, with or without art work of various forms. Bongs also have glass sliders, glass on glass fittings, and Ive seen bongs with metal bowls. A bubbler is a pipe with water, and a downstem coming off the bowl. They have carb holes.

I just put tap water in my bongs, nothing fancy. I've put things like apple juice in my bubbler, but I wash it right out or else sugar would build up.

What do you mean "put your fingers over both holes?"

Just begin inhaling through your bong as you put the lit lighter above the weed. By inhaling, you will pull the fire into the weed and it will begin to fill with smoke. When you deem your bong to have enough smoke you can handle, pull the carb and continue inhaling until the bong has been completely cleared of smoke. (No one likes stale smoke)

Exhale, rinse, wash, repeat. :smoking: