Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bong problem

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by seattleraver, Dec 23, 2005.

1. if this is the wrong board to post on sorry now.

i just bought this sic small tiny bong. (about 6-7 inches) the part you suck from is very short (3-4) and where i light up is right next to my face and the heat is unbearable, so i cant use my new bong. how can i fix this problem!?

2. Start sucking before you spark up the lighter, and have it close to the bowl, so as soon as you spark it, it will be sucked into the bowl.

3. I have the same problem...the heat is not unbearable but the light is damn close to my face. It all started when i picked up a new diffuser, it was 2" longer than my old one. I had to switch back to the bongs original slide because the aftermarket one i got was a good 5 inches long, which put the flame almost beside the mouth piece. All i can say is maybe a different downstem or different slide could help the situation.peace

4. have lips on the neck of bong ready to inhale light the ligher AWAY from the bowl and bring it in and when its about an inch start to inhale it should draw the flame down before it burns u.. make sence?

EDIT: or use a jet lighter because they dont flame up the flame is straight (depending on how much butane ur allowing out) try to get an adjustable one whre u can turn it low and it turns to normal flame and high to make a jet and use a setting where it barely just goes straight.. shouldnt fuck up yer glass or burn the weed to fast and yet provide a straight flame not burning urself :D

5. I have not had this problem yet, but I would have to agree with motion. Also this is a given and I'm sorry for being so elementary, but make sure the flame is on it's lowest setting.

6. I'd say just get a torch lighter, but the name tells you what it does to weed.

7. I have lost alot of my hairline because of that very reason, it just catches when i'm not inhaling.

8. use a cigarette to light it

I've taken to rolling up whatever be it tea baccy or some other safe smokeable item for the sole purpose of using it to ghetto glowrod my onehitter

just hold it across the bowl and inhale the press it in so it cherries up and remove so the bud doesn't stick to the cigs cherry

9. I had a similar problem with my sherlock, but its a pretty basic solution to fix it.

Tilt it up in front of your face, so its more horizontal than verticle. the heat + flame goes UP^, so orient the minibong so that your face isnt above the lighter

10. use a torch lighter

11. Damn ars m. that is genius, i gotta hand it to you

12. ya i suggest you just light it right when you inhale and then

try as hard as you can to keep it cherried.