Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong Problem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cannabisxz, Aug 22, 2009.

1. I shouldnt even be on a computer to begin with and honestly not obliged to tal=k about my mental and physical conditions to people ive never met, more so with about half being ironically closeminded, no offense to anyone. I say "go bad" meaning some part of what i describe cause im fucked from thisi. I have pictures but i used it 4 times(back to shit). I will try to retrieve old pictures when my first "went bad" for fuck sake and provide a description as to eaches journey and where its at/how bad it is. As well as the sliders because that is a factor as ive taken bongs out of the equation and get it in NEW grav bong bottles. I actually notice and just remembered something possibly vital. When i do use the grav bong with my sliders i either ran under hot water. used vinegar on, iso'd, a similar issue begins. The water begins to wreak heavy, it has a noticable cloud of what looks like a light oil in the water after attempting smoking(always after atempting smoking)This should affect NO medical patient let alone any smoker or human being. I will find this out whether i still smoke or not cuz i know(no shit) how this makes me feel and how this drastically changed my peaceful. prpogressive path real bad real quick. I will find out for those select few that life seemingly wants to dispose of. Apologize if i used your comment to chain some thoughts from yesterday. Ill also gather up all that ive experienced and theorized in one small place when i have a stupid amount of info. Im here to fix a problem just to be clear, not trying to be rude but also dont put up with punks which i encounter far to frequently in a marijuana forum. God damn ungrateful, no one particular.

2. Maybe it helps you. Dont matter to me. Function is basic as all piss. In fact some "dab rigs" have hit flower better than most bongs. If you dont have the issue you will think its something simple i understand. Id kil my old self if we talked now about this. I say go enjoy yourself instead of prowling a topic you dont have an issue with or understand, thanks.

3. Your hilarious my friend. I came to a post with helpfull informative information pertaining to the issue! You are choosing to believe that my suggestion is not the cause of your issue and that's fine. Someone else may find my information helpful though..

4. Hey very possible someone may find it helpful. I just have encountered shit like this most my life and cant even smoke about it. I'm saying for me, doesn't apply and I'm fed the fuck up. Never have I heard or seen someone switch to a dab rig for flower and say complain of anything big. But ill agree to agree, everyone's stoned here i get it, im just trying to medicate as well and I'm,off the internet again. I mean flower slides fit too for a reason i say and for the sake of hell ill say that's my opinion. Peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #145 useaname, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Ive found out a lot and solidified some theories whilst tossing others. I have the pictures uploaded but that doesnt say much, but it seems nore rational to post them so ill get there. But Its Clear when clean(aside from water spots cuz my tap water hard as dick). Then after couple puffs, shit again, like most everyone else.What I typed was previously half erased so ill try a quick summary. So the theories that have added up. Humidity, hot water and some kind of bacteria are left on the radar. Though bacteria I may leave out because it happened to a new slider after hot tap water and vinegar. And ivr Heard another guy say this shit happened to him with a New peice just from hot tap. What most or all of us have in common is we use hot tap water. I guess iso is in common too. But what do we do right aftet iso? Hot tap water. We can't test it beforr iso is rinsed out and hot water loosens shit up while cold water can make it stick. As most know, hard water makes things harder to wash away and also most likely know most elements like to cause reactions. For instance iso + vinegar creates peracitic acid and if the hard water isn't washing enough of our chemicals away AND containing contaminants(and chlorine which interacts quite a bunch). There could be interactions with what we cleaned with and something in tap water due to it not washing away, interacting creating a new chemical even if a small amount. As for humidity, i don't know anyone's living situation but its deathly humid where i am. The stuck smoke that appears over the bubbling water after a rip(most commonly with honeycomb perks ive read and experienced) seems lile it could be sticking to, in a way, some chemical on th4 inside of the peice. Or just humidity. Like I said, I took the bong out of the equation and i test the slides via grav bong(new bottles) or more recently breathing through the sliders(not worth ruining a peice if you still have any) and I can taste the harshness still. Its mild but noticeable. So it isn't iso alone, it isn't the "I just started smoking yesterday logic-vomit"(use ice, try joint, open mouth when hitting, breathe slower, different weed etc etc etc) that most commonly suggested i guess.

6. hthe
    Humidity may also male things stick theoretically. And i don't mean contaminants like youre gonna catch the plague off tap, but over time and with excessive cleaning(which also we seem to have in common) I'm sure it can build up and stick more for one reason or another.

7. Repost... Cant delete

8. I was using a harsh bowl and wondered why bowls are always harsh really wondered this time(aside from no water or filtration). I said for the fuck of it im rying matches why not. Suddenly i can taste the immense forest of flavors that ive missed so badly and for ONCE a smaller bowl was less harsh. And so i went on hitting it reluctantly but almost happily. Workd worked worked. Washed a newer piece with bottle water, a piece that i hit maybe 30 times since i got it and caught the issue from ONE time shared slide. Well bottled water rinsed up the newer piece(and wet napkinned also bottle water the tube part of the slide) cause logically it does get rid of most of the smell. Tried matches with small pack then real big pack. Pretty great but then hit a bigger hit and even better? Now its getting better each hit as if its covering something up. Ive always used the classic Bic lighter so i dont get what changed other than a possible chemical interaction that is spread via smoke and without butane it seems to cease? In my case i cant guarantee this in any way for someone else. But this INSANE issue is solved with matches... ALso maybe humidity canaffect Bics cuz its ridiiiiicccculous here. But yeah left stale smoke which usualy HORRIBLE, still good!. Im going to continue this for maybe 2 days before i consider it solved then try the other pieces with matches, if it is solved for me at least(rewash if too dirty tho). For now i feel like a million positive molecules :)

9. Maybe try using a flic wic with hemp wic. That way you light it with the wic so no butane is involved. As far as your water issue, maybe get one of those water filters that attaches directly to your faucet. You can use that fill you bong and rinse it. Or you might try a bong water alternative like Piece Water. Happy that you solved the issue finally though!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ive always wondered why use a hempwick cause scorching with butane worked perfectly fine, but it must build up. I greatly appreciate the help and good vibe! My tap water makes me physical ill after only drinking a bit, there could be a combination of factors creating the key to this issue. Ill always rinse with pure water likely form the filter you metioned(cause you need a lot of water sometimes) and be weird and only use matches. Im afraid to clean them again but i feel thats the only potential for them to hit 100%. May be ok with matches and clean water! Be happy and be healthy buddy!

11. Water softener and multiple Brita, or faucet carbon filters , otherwise tap water is toxic sludge … even for the bong.
    I used water from a friends house no softener and residue was much worse ..

12. Tap water can be vile. Nauseating, smelly, foggy just not good, especially us with a weaker stomach. Im using bottled water as of recently until i can grab a filter and no butane used. and the hits have went back to normal and also i notice everything burns better and more smoothly with matches becuase i guess something affected my lighters (which always worked before), like excessive humidty (cause i dont know what else unless i developed a butane allergy) and it would make perfect sense if the butane was saturated, if thats possible, considering the way the lighters affected joints, small bowls, was spitting a lot, etc(matches fixed the harshness with small dry bowls as well, which have been harsh to me since i began smoking. And not just simply too hot/dry). Chemical interactions are also possible between cleaning products, using tap water frequently can liekly build up some stuff to interact with and theres the butane from lighters which is a huge part of my issue along with the tap.

13. Ive developed the issue again, but on and off this time with a dry bow(get stupid though) Its 1. Air quality 2. Humidity or condensation bringing up the resin 3. Congestion combining with the resin in the smoke, thus acting like a vile type nasal drip. (Which humidity and condensation can make worse)

Id have to know the humidity, congestion level before smoking, and air quality of other bong users to find the specific issue and all around solution. Solution for me is clean air and not using my lighters that sat in REALLY bad air quality. With matches (or borrowed lighters) and when the air is better,which makes my nose unclog, (i didnt know air quality was the cause of my severe nasal congestion until now and it may cause what i call the "shit hits" or the bong issue) my dry bowl works fine but produces the shit hit when its muggy or humid and my nose is more fucked. I can smell it in the dry bowl before hitting it, doesnt smell like pure resin, has a yucky "tang" to its smell and i know to wait for the air quality to clear up. Then itll work fine, even though its caked pitch black multiple multiple times. Still accustomed to shit hits so anythings better. Anyways.

Wasnt gonna leave you guys hanging whether i caught the issue again or not. But having it sure speeds up the process. We got this shit guys. Sooner or later, we got this.

14. #154 useaname, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Tap is still undrinkable though, found cheap bottled water for that issue. Really hard water may allow the shit hits to stick and stay an issue. Unsure yet.

Top culprit i believe, is congestion . And were mostly big hitters here with the issue. Bigger hits get hotter and acting as an expectorant (for some more than others) so heating mucus may act like using steam when you have a cold but youre inhaling deep so its going down the throat. Humidity can do that also obviously. So when congested, youre releasing a big glob that the smoke has caught and with resin attached because mucus is also sticky. Testing now in clean air with congestion then dirty air while not congested and we SHOULD have narrowed it down enough to pin point this shit. Keep rockin people.

15. Maybe get an air purifier and a dehumidifier. Keep those in the room you smoke in.

16. My whole thing is to find the solution, for all. It seems to affect people who really care about their pieces and its an issue that doesnt affect many, making not being believed the insult to injury. Not to mention i cant really use a dehumidifier in my living situation right now. Anyways its only down to air quality for dry pieces, so when i do get consistent and reasonable air quality, ill test the bongs ive cleaned seemingly endlessly, and sacrifice one(then reclean) in bad air to confirm 100%. Cant settle with bullshit, especially when its getting to other cool folks. Thanks a lot man, I vibe with your simplicity a bunch

17. #157 useaname, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Ok so I believe were appraoching the destination of this issue. But in order to be sure of the ssue id have to ask questions that i guess would seem unusual on a weed forum but ill put them at the end of this. But first, Id like to put down what ive found.
    Ive been getting shit hits maybe longer than i thought, but only snce i took big hits has the issue been noticeable. I notce with a few other people ive seen online, also that they get a more immediate yellow smoke and big hit despite a smaller bowl or hitting lightly. But they dont try and scorch the whole thing and therefore dont go into a full blown coughing fit, but ive notice it seems harsher for the majority of those with the yellow smoke.(not from milking, just nasty tasting yellow. but not that nasty if you pull the slide earlier) that is from our slide overheating with the bud as well(if you pick up your slide after a shit hit, it should be very hot and take a bit longer to cool) usually in combination with the weed being soggy or saturated, thus sticking more to the slide(where it burns). Humidity and congestion seem to be top culprits but hardwater and bad air are staying in the equation (im thinking its a mix of issues, hence why its so hard to figure out). I notice with my dry bowl and even with jonts and cigarettes, ill get a shit hit ONLY if im congested (may have to do with eustachian tube being blocked which should balance out air pressure or something, i just read, but congestion is a definite for ruining MY dry bowl hits and even joints). Recently had a buddy over who i had a blunt with and i could even breathe out of it while he smoked away, i cleared my nose and tilted my head to relieve sinus pressure and the blunt was fine. As well as joints, my dry bowl and cigarettes (which i didnt notice were tasting sorta off til recently). But ive had congestion and normal tasting hits in the past, so this is where i believe humidity comes in (making things saturated from inside of your bong, your weed, and to your throat and nose because you breathe air right?) But humidty can also cause congestion or harbor plants that people may be allergic too. So ive been going outside to smoke because my place is unlivable, so the air outside cant be too bad or too concentrated (i hope) and still if my nose is congested, i get a bad hit if i smoke anything in any way..anywhere. I also believe because resin and tar are sticky, the shit hits are a build up of resin/tar and mucus draining to the back of your throat and then you inhale as deep as possible of course youre gonna cough and hack plus leftover resin doesnt smell or taste good let alone when its wet! So why would it be any different in your nose or sinuses or mixed with mucus, rght where you partially identify taste?My dry bowl smells better when it wont produce a shit hit but i found thats because i have both nostrils and smell it properly (also have issues tasting, not from covid from bad congestion). So my current hypothesis is clear, but i also want to acknowledge that hard water can also be sticky and some peopl have gotten the issue only after putting tap water in it. So congestion alone (esp being so common) i dont THINK can do that but i could be wrong. So i have to ask the questions to solve this, i doubt ill get many replies but if i do the issue could be squashed once and for all.

1. Do you guys notice the shit hits when youre congested or do you have congestion/sinus issues in general? (or have had nose operation)?

2. Is your tap really hardwater or unclean?

3. Do you smoke cigarettes?

4. How is the air quality where you smoke weed? (if you know)

5. Do you have seasonal allergies?

6. And very importantly, how is the humidity by you?

7. Oh and do you notice this with joints/blunts/cigarettes?

8. Forgot an important one. Does your weed make a crackling sound when you get bad hit?

That happens each time i get an overheated, yellow, shit hit. My dry bowl will also get significantly hotter when i hear the crackling. (Some of my weed is permanently harsh from being sat in bad air and HUMIDITY, but when i smoke fresh new weed with a clear nose, no issues)

I have yet to bring my bongs back from the dead but ill be buying loads and loads of filtered water for cleaning them and will report back the results.

Thanks all!

18. I've owned nearly 10 bongs Over the years. My current beaker has the widest mouth piece of any of them. It's also the only bong I've owned that NEVER leaves resin on anyone's lips yet.
    Screenshot_20210803-231147_Chrome.jpg

19. Thats a sweet piece and also interesting. My first to get the issue was my smallest bong, my last was the biggest bong with the most inner surface area, and they seemed to go almost in order. But for me I'm fully inhaling the brown shit. Same with my dry bowl but it gets inhaled unless tight filterless blunt then its on lips. Really doesn't make any sense, so im exploring shit I didnt even know existed or worked that way and finding some absolutely wild shit and learning science and anatomy on the way haha. But you're saying others that have used your pieces develop the shit hits? Cause it definitely makes the bong wreak, but I wonder if after its cleaned if someone else used it, would it still do that...

20. I have a friend who would always get resin on his lips. I'd have to tell him to wipe his mouth cuz it looked gross. It's never an issue if he's smoking out of my bong.

• Like Like x 1