Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong Problem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cannabisxz, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Dude.. that is fucking nasty...

Do you open your teeth when you take a hit?

2. You're probably right, the ice is cooling it enough that it solidifies. Which makes me wonder how much of that shit is going in the lungs of those of us that don't have bongs with ice catchers.

3. On my bong (a cheap round bottom), a lot of it collects on the sides of the round bit on the bottom, so maybe shape is a factor? Something to consider at least.

4. i know this is a very personal question..but do you brush your teeth?

5. Just what I was wondering! What is going into our lungs???

Sammy

6. Maybe you should consider getting a carbon filter for cleaner hits..

7. Okay so I had this very problem also, not on teeth, just brown sticky rez on my lips after bong rips. Didn't notice it happen at all over the past few years but over the past month have definitely been annoyed by it alot.

I followed the advice of all of y'all short of buying a roor and carbon filter. I found that packing the bowl lightly, and working the slide/choke a little bit to get a little fresh air into the hit and diffuse it abit worked out, but now I can only assume that same rez is just making it into my lungs... It's time to start smokin only oil/hash I think in my oil dome..

8. If u can smoke just hash and oil then hell ya. unfortunetly most of us are not so fortunate.

Anyway ive found most ppl dont even notice this is happening. just go through their day with resin on their teeth:D

and i have found the way you pack the bowl is truly KEY

9. This thread is seriously making me want a vaporizer :)

10. BCustom, This is right on the money. This is my first post because I registered to post on this subject.

You will notice that this happens more right after you clean the bong. The reason is that the bowl is perfect, no buildup of any kind, which allows for the pack to be much tighter, therefore less airflow, which results in the milky, yellow, hit, and the teeth stain, resin lip, etc. that may occur. Also, it is important to dry all pieces after the alcohol/ salt mix, therefore providing less condensation for the resin to travel on.

Like I said, I registered because I have had this issue so much as an everyday smoker, and I finally got to the bottom of it and was ready to share.
    Result: Keep the ice! It will have no negative effects, as BCustom stated, ease up on the pack, and use a glass screen if available-Always a good choice anyway.
    Make sure to dry all aspects of your utensil/piece/bong whatever you are using. Happy smoking.

11. I ACTUALLY HAVE THE SOLUTION. Dont get offended or anything but i assume all the people getting resin on there lips, tong and sometime teeth is because you do not brush your teeth. One of my buddies is a dentist and he told me that once you dont brush your teeth for the night you leave pieces of food and bacteria in your mouth. Than when you hit a bowl those pieces of food and bacteria get filtered be the smoke from the hit and turn black which you guys know as resin. To me it mostly happens on the tongue im just too lazy to brush my teeth. Food molecules stay on the tongue and when u take the hit the just change to resin. SOLUTION brush teeth and scrub tongue gently daily and use scope or listerine

12. Dont get offended or anything. Theres some nonsense^^

im no scientist, but i know that little peices of food in your mouth dont transform into resin when you smoke.

Your giving your dentist friend way to much credit. Good chuckle though

and thanks for trying to find an answer.:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes, that is quite a load of bovine feces. I haven't ever had this problem and I've definitely smoked after a full day of not being able to brush (gross, yes. sorry).

The bowl pack bit is the closest that I can come to making sense of it really.

Do any of the bongs in question have ashcatchers or inliners? Maybe you have the wrong water level?

14. #35 sgt. Flowers, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    i use to have this problem alot, i use to think it had something to do with not rensing the iso out good enough after cleaning, then i thought too much ice making the smoke too dence, then i started thinking maybe i'm paking to much weed in the bowl at once...... so now i never put ice in the bong ,pack lightly ,and rense 5-8 times after cleaning with very hot water never had the problem sence(on my bong atleast)

P.S. most of the time it would happen on the second bowl it might be the bowl is getting too hot?¿?

P.P.S its not crap the think that left over plac and food junk might turn dark when smoking just cus it dosent happen to you people can be vastly defferent but i dont think thats it

15. i think its weird how this is happening to everybody just lately.. i think maybe its poison. maybe we are dead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey guys, new to the forum. Googled this problem and found this thread.

I find the previously posted solutions interesting and I'll try them out, although I do brush my teeth regularly and won't be able to test that theory..

This is the second time I've have this problem, last time was when I first got my brand spankin' new single perc 7mm glass on glass bong. I broke it and then mainly used my friends bongs, but then recently I fixed mine. The difference between them is the size of the mouth piece and the way I hold my mouth. Mine's bigger than his and I find there's always some of my lip hanging over, or if my theeth are exposed, then this will be where the res builds.

On my friends it was smaller and neither my lips nor my teeth would be exposed, I'd suck all that res back. On this note, of course this is what you're pulling in to your lungs it's what the point is. Notice how dirty things get, pipes, bongs, even roaches. Vapes are no different, huge amounts of res will build up in the whips and such.

The biggest question I have is that harsh taste, I think the post regarding the tightness of the bowl/pieces may be what I'm looking for.

So these are my findings thus far, cheers guys.

17. just go get a diffuser downstem
    theres prolly lots of tar coming out just get a better stem with lots of small holes

18. guys... i too have been having this disgusting experience. it doesn't happen everytime (to my knowledge) but i haven't been very attentive to my dental needs (i know, it's just i've been getting high a lot and passing out before i get around to it)

i want it to end! also i'm sick currently, but this has been going on long before. it has made it worse... if you see what i'm saying :p

19. I also did a google search after experienceing the same issue and after changing fey words a few times found this thread.

I use a straight bong their is no bowl to speak of just straight up and down. ANyhow I get two "horns" as my friends call them about half an inch in from the corn of my mouth on my top lips. I've tried many different things from changing water level and tempreture, the paper towel over the mouth piece, scrunched up paper in the mouth piece and also different bongs. I also don't get it on every bong like some others have said. The shape of my"horns" almost gaurentees it's how I hold my mouth and to be honest I thing thats has changed over time along with my long capacity. Pulling really slow and packing lose is hard work.

Anyhow Im now at the point where my question is what is the best way to clean my top lip, it's at the point where nothing seems to be working, I've even tried whiteing toothpaste, any suggestions on this front?