Bong parts

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by samrnj44, Jan 8, 2014.

1. So I decided that I would like to buy a bong. I want something glass, 12-18 inches tall. Lately though Ive been hearing a lot about ice cathchers and percolators and ash catchers and I was just wondering what are the best things to get in my bong. And what can i get for under 100$. I want something that gets cool smoke and smooth hits. please help me out. Ive never owned a real bong before.

2. #2 glass666shogun, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    The possibilities are endless really. There are so many brands/ artists who offer a wide variety of waterpipes, ash catchers and percs. The hundred dollar mark limits you on brand name companies greatly. I have about ten water pipes in my collection. I have cheap factory produced American glass that cost between $120-$150, and I can't complain. If you want something that is a brandname piece you're looking at the $250 and waaaaay higher price range. It all comes down to preferences of percs and pieces with or without adding ashcatchers. Water pipes will hit differently with an ashcatcher and some water level adjustment may be required. It also depends on wether you prefer tubes or beakers. And everything in between. As for percs I recommend a piece with a tree perc, basic stemline, or honeycomb. They're all great and offer good diffusion for the price. If you want info or descriptions of other percs there is a forum on here that describes and explains many different percs and bong styles. Hope this helps. Feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions. Cheers :)Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 glass666shogun, Jan 8, 2014
    For example this would be a great set-up for a nice, decently priced glass bong. My local shop has a straight tube about 13"/ 14" in height for $50.00. I would then find a nice downstem to replace the open ended one. A Luke Wilson six arm tree perc downstem (sized to fit the piece of course) would be sublime. I wouldn't mind having that in my own collection at all. Downstem should be in the $45 to $55 range. All in all you're looking at a solid bong for around $110. Easy to clean, easy to use, and would definitely be a nice way to start your collection/ water pipe adventure.Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 samrnj44, Jan 8, 2014
    So is an ash catcher and a diffuser down stem a good investment or would it be better to get maybe an inline perc? And does it cost extra to have a beaker or bubble base instead of a straight tube? And would a 50$ bong have percs or an ice catcher or would that have to be more?

5. This is just me but i have an illadelph red label inline perc and its wonderful but then again i dont use it much, they are mostly for bragging rights lol. If you have the money go for it.

6. Would it be more worth my money to buy an ash catcher then?

7. #7 glass666shogun, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    [quote name="samrnj44" post="19303416" timestamp="1389212662"]So is an ash catcher and a diffuser down stem a good investment or would it be better to get maybe an inline perc? And does it cost extra to have a beaker or bubble base instead of a straight tube? And would a 50$ bong have percs or an ice catcher or would that have to be more?[/quote] Depends on what kind of quality you're looking for man. China glass is cheap so you could probably find a china bong (to clarify a "China bong" is just cheap, mass produced glass that is typically lacking quality) with percs, and even an ash catcher for $50-$60. I have tubes, and beakers that were about the same price, so again it's more about preference. Beakers allow more smoke to build in the chamber which some like, and some don't. Tubes tend to deliver a more concentrated hit. But this all depends on size lol Like there are so many variables man. All in all I prefer pieces that have at least one form of diffusion that is more than just the standard open ended downstem. And yes an ash catcher never hurts. If you don't like then don't use it. Plus to having it at your disposal, you may find a bong that it works with as you expand, or swap pieces out of your collection.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app