Bong or no bong?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by ImmortalGropher, Jun 6, 2010.

1. I'm debating whether to get a bong or not...I have a stone pipe I love, but I'm wondering if bongs offer a different type of high or something silly (high right now lol).

Or is it just a different way to experience stuff?

2. I think bongs give you a slightly different high. As with everything. a vape will give you a different high oppose to a pipe, and blunts and bongs theres always a difference. I would say yes to a glass bong over a stone pipe though. If you have the room and the money for one, then its a no brainer. The bong will definately get you ripped faster and better than that pipe.

3. Don't knock teh pipe man. My lil pipe kicks uber buttocks! :D

4. Im sure your pipe hits great. But a bong is just a total different device. And a better device at that. :p

5. Well i'm gonna get one of those small 6 dollar acrylic bongs then cause i'm not gonna spend 30 dollars.

6. technically pipes deliver more thc.... or umm.... tobacco.

It's much smoother man. Cleaner aswell.

7. almost everything said in this thread so far is untrue.

high is high, the tool doesn't alter that, the bud does. the only difference is vaping because its a different method of ingestion (you're not smoking)

but as much as you think that pipe rips, you have no idea what a bong can do. And get glass at least man, don't cheat yourself like that

8. the tool definitely does alter the high

9. thc isn't water soluble, so none is lost in the water

you take less longer rips on a bong, more smaller rips on the bowl

the scientific side says it doesn't but i suppose that can ultimately be left to personal opinion and experience.

10. im not saying thc is lost in the water

11. well that's the only thing that gets you high in the bud, if you get the same amount through either tool, then how can you justify that

12. haha, well it actually isn't the only thing that get you high...

you even said it yourself,
    because of that difference the high hits you in a different way. I'm not saying it is as drastic as vapor vs smoke, but it is still present.

13. Water WILL trab some THC. Sorry dude it's just the way it works. The more you diffuse the lower the thc% in the smoke, so you have to smoke MORE bud than a pipe. However a bong will give you a rush of smoke often dragging smoke into crevices in your lungs that have fresh cilia. Water is very good at filtering out the large smoke particles so I like a single chamber bong but I feel more makes me smoke more weed, although the difference is VERY small.

14. #14 Jihuji, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    Not true, AT ALL. It's common to feel a different type of high depending on which method you use to smoke.

Dude, people spend over $200 on nice bongs sometimes. That's how worth it they are. But if you're expecting to get a good bong when you consider $30 too much, get ready to be extremely disappointed by the bong you end up with.

15. Yeah man bongs will give you a much more intense high I find
    but be careful too..Bong rips all day everyday will eventually catch up with you
    I got the worst cough right now from smoking constantly out of a 24'' bong the past 10 days or so
    Kinda goes numb after a while but for a bit it sucks balls

16. :bongin:will get you :eek::)

def get a bong, but like the others said, get a glass one.

17. Yea if you can pick up a glass bong piece, pipes are pretty cool but i just always have more fun with a bong, plus they get me much higher.

18. Some dank with a bong will set you on your arse haha. Deffinetly buy a bong or even make a home one. Im not sure if home made bongs are just an Austrlian thing or not. But invest in a bong. Smokers keep smoking:smoking:

19. why do i even try?

*facepalm

i challenge everyone here to

smoke exactly .7 out of a bowl tonight

and smoke exactly .7 out of a bong tomorrow

you'll be the same kind of high, i promise.

and anyone who can give reliable SOURCES that say that thc IS water soluble, I will paypal $10 TONIGHT.

water removes moisture and a few water-soluble chemicals from the plant matter, nothing that gets you 'high'

blunts/joints are a different story because you add burning paper/tobacco into the mix, which will put off some side effects to the thc and make you feel slightly different.

20. THC isn't water soluble but water will hold onto it. Water holds on to alot of non-soluble materials. I don't know why you try because you're wrong.