bong not getting 100% clean

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by njtoker59, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ok so I have a SYN showerhead and clean it like very 2-3 days depending on the sessions I have. it always gets like 90% clean and I can never get it all the way. usually there is a little brownish tint on the splashguard and showerhead and a brownish line where the water level usually is. I use 70% iso and salt because I can't find anything higher. if any of you heads have any tips to get it brand new clean it is greatly appreciated.

2. Grunge off if anything.

But I have to admit I have the same tube and the same problem, and I use grunge off regularly. I cannot get rid of the stain.

3. Simple green soak for a few days, itll prob be good as new

4. a few days!!!?!!!????

5. Wow, a few days? Maybe this is why mine never gets clean, the most I've soaked it for was a few hours.

6. Try soaking it for a few days. Glass is virtually inert, chemically speaking, so soaking it for a few days won't harm it.

7. GO>SG

In my experience you have to let it soak in SG(Simple Green) significantly longer than soaking in GO (Grunge Off).

8. Never tried go to know that^^

Just know it's more than double the cost of simple green and sg cleaned my reain stained tree percs almost perfectly after a three day soak.

9. three day soak 0_0

it's never takin me longer then an hour tops to clean my bong, bubbler, mouth piece to bubbler, bowl pieces, skillet, and downstems at one time.

10. I find it hard to believe you can't get a straight tube fully cleaned, unless your smoking some errls. Just put more alcohol and get some good salt and it should work fine. SImple green is a option, but does nothing to the water line stain what I've noticed on my sov. But I smoke errls.

11. Put some ISO in a micro safe cup/container then put in the microwave for 20 seconds. Swish the heated ISO in your dirty bong. Heated ISO is much more effective at cleaning.

12. I find wax ten times easier to clean out of my pieces then resin.

13. its not a straight, its a showerhead

and maybe start washing it after every sesh just to make sure its clean

14. ?
    Im assuming he meant showerhead bong, and not a downstem, because he did say splash guard, so i was assuming it was a mini showerhead of a fullsize showerhead from syn, and i believe they are a straight tube.

Really? Do you use Simple Green or another cleaning solution? I only use salt+iso and its hard to get oils out of tree perks.

15. If you smoke good bho, it comesout super easily with even 70 iso

16. are you sure? that sounds like it would just evaporate the alcohol/make your microwave smell like shit?

17. it took my water stain away after a day soak. Alcohol doesnt work quite as good, but i still have it and use it to do a quick 5min wash, i also use lil bit of luandry detergent, dry crystals(good abrasive). Then i run it under sink for like 5mins,clean and smell fresh.:bongin:

simple green gets it clear everytime.

18. [quote name='"habitualhero"']

are you sure? that sounds like it would just evaporate the alcohol/make your microwave smell like shit?[/quote]

Ya but it also heats up the alcohol, which does nothing, so it's worth it.

19. I use salt and iso 91% and it cleans everything, asked my friend about is lw 15 arm and he said it takes him around the same time as me, but just for his one bubbler. Still substantially less time though.

20. #20 Doobious Joe, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    Okay first run hot hot water from the faucet directly into the bong from the mouth piece through the entire bong and out the intake hole/downstem...Use a detachable faucet if you cannot get the hot water down the tube...water should be rushing out of the bong hard enough to kinda stream out...after awhile the bong will be hot to the touch but not burning hot, empty all the water...now take a shit ton of good sea salt and start pouring it down the mouth piece and the part where the slides connect so it gets in the showerhead percs...Now pour 91% ISO(its at CVS or walgreens, walmart) in the piece and start shaking and shaking and shaking and shake some more...rest a second and start shake shake shaking...pour out check progress and if not clean pour more salt and more ISO until its clean...I do this all the time with small inline A/C and my bubblers and it works, it should take an hour to two hours if you have to let the ISO soak for any reason...I would suggest cleaning your piece with hot hot running water every night before bed to cut down on the resin build up...Resin piles up like dirt...in layers on top of layers and the bottom layer is always a bitch to scrub out...invest in little brushes used to clean scientific glass...or even cheap bottle brushes that are very flexible and that will expand after being pushed into your down stem...this will clean the shower head perc from inside just be careful.