Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bong ionizer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yurigadaisukida, Apr 22, 2011.

1. ok so if weed is not soluble in water, that means its not a polar or ionic molecule

that means that if you breath the smoke through an ionizer of some sort, the thc would pass through and the polar molecules would get filtered.

unless im way off here

thoughts?

2. my thought, you're clueless, but trying to think...keep trying.;)

3. Incorrect, you know, posting useless posts, such as saying, troll, is against the rules.... and beyond annoying when they arent infact a troll

@op, doesnt an ionizer ionize the particles going through it so they can more easily get stuck to something charged (within an air purifier or something?).

I dunno if the smoke from cannabis is completely separated particles to the point where you could easily ionize out the "bad" and keep the good, but i also dont know ANYTHING about ionizers really so....

4. #5 yurigadaisukida, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    i dont really understand how ionizers work, i just know that since thc is not polar it can be isolated by attracting the polar molecules

5. 16 post and a pro at spotting out a troll who taught you so well

6. Yea, if you make some hash oil, and re-dissolve it in hexane you can water wash the oil (hexane and water will in NO way mix, or share properties). So you can use the water to pull out the polar/water soluble coumpounds and keep all oils dissolved in the hexane and separate in a separatory funnel.

Thats one way you could do it, still not 100% on the smoke because combusted material has changed its form due to the reaction from the heat and i dont know if when ionized, the other particles of the smoke would bond with the "good stuff" haha, good ? though actually.....

7. There's more stuff than THC that is nonpolar in smoke. Plus the fact that they are gases, which would have to become solid to bond with a liquid. Unless your talking about some thc gas carbonated water haha. WEED SODA!

8. #9 Braddock, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Why you mad, bro?
    Make that 17, thank you very much.

9. Smoke is not a gas only, its solids, liquid and gasses.... Let alone an ionizer doesnt require the use of water so, what are you talking about?

10. How about, no more pointless posts from you. Thats trolling, if you ask me (atleast more so than anything else in this thread)

11. OK kiddies, reality check;

think, what are ionizers used for, to clean the air...of pollen, dust, SMOKE, and other little particles...

the THC is in that smoke that is cleaned out of the air...so you would be wasting the herb (unless your goal is to get nothing from toking...and enjoy wasting money).

you can find videos showing ionizers clearing a smoke filled clear plastic crate...

12. Thats what i was kinda saying, i wasnt 100% cause i dont really know anything about them, but i figured since the smoke contains the good oils you want, it would get removed with all the smoke anyway..... Hence i also brought up water washing hash oil, cause that does, effectively, what this is attempting to do, only its pre-combustion rather than post