Bong Hits - Hot Water Vs Cold Water And Ice

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Wickkkkk, Jun 10, 2014.

1. What do you guys prefer? Taking bong rips with steamy hot water hits or cool ice hits? I think theres pros and cons to both but i prefer hot water because its convient (atleast for me, i have a hot water faucet for coffee and stuff) also ice melts and causes the water to overflow so i have to constantly pour some water out. Lastly, ive heard THC can be lost in cold water and i cant risk losing my beautiful trichomes

2. I'm not a fan of hot water bong rips mainly because they dont feel nearly as smooth and clean as a nice, icy, refreshing, cold water bong hit. 

3. I empty my bong, turn in the cold water and fill it where it needs to be every smoke sesh. Ice sucks and I've never heard of hot water I'm good in trying it out though.

4. hot water sounds terrible. i'll wait for some feedback on here before wasting some good bud on steam hits.

5. Ik it sounds stupid cause bongs are supposed to cool your hits, but when you hit a bong with hot water the moisture in the steam makes it really easy on your throat. When your hits are harsh its cause theyre so dry. The moisture in the steam prevents that. Try it out man tell us how it goes
    Would not recomment puttin ice in the catcher if you use hot water however

6. warm/room temp water for dabbing, cold water for smoking. when you're smoking instead of vaping, there actually is irritants and other shit you would want to condense out of that smoke. when dabbing and using cold water/ice, you're just turning it back into reclaim faster, getting less meds every dab..

7. High 5 to that bro!

8. I have a jug of distilled water that I use.  It just sits at room temp.

9. My bong doesnt have ice catches  :cry: but i throw some ice in there anyway, seems to do the trick. Just not as well  :confused_2:

10. Can'[t imagine why someone would use hot water...?
    Seems counterproductive...
    Anyway...
    I just use the faucet lol I turn the cold knob and yeah. If I have ice made up in the freezer I'll throw some cubes in.

11. I remember when I had a few people over and I brought out the bong and they told me to put in hot water instead.... My gut told me they were fucking with me... and tbh even if it got me higher (which I can't recall b/c tolerance) it was just... not worth it. Yeugh 

12. Hot water has a different hit, i usually use room temp because i use a herb iron anyways, so all my tokes are smooth

13. #13 Weeman1234, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Hot water can be nice... Sometimes... Haha but you can't beat ice cold water with a couple cubes. Its just refreshing

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I think if you put the easy access water in a cup and left it on the counter I'd be like "yo I dig your hot water homes, but hand me that cup of room temp water for my hit" that would be cool for your friends but hey it's always cool experiencing everyones rituals ha ha

15. I actual like hot water. While the hits are a little warmer it makes up for it by making the smoke less dry. But it just comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Idk if it's just me but I do not like the taste of a bong that has ice in it

17. I'd say room temp man, maybe a little warm, seems to be easier on the throat.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 JayStreet, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    When concentrate vapor passes through cold water, why does it reform and condense back into wax? Does warm water prevent this? Or does warm water slow down an inevitable reformation process, meaning that the vapor will reform no matter what once cooled?

I am trying to prevent this reformation from happening in my body! Since I have been dabbing through my bong with cold water, I get yellow flakes of wax reclaim towards the top. This only leads me to believe some of this is getting in my throat and lungs...and if it's as hard to clean out of my bong, it probably isn't coming out of your lungs easily!

Will concentrate vapor always reform and condense once cooled? If I use ONLY my pen, is this vapor reforming in my lungs since it is the final cooling place for the vapor?

19. Room temp', i've always got a bottle which i use for filling up my bong and also to drink out of. Never been tempted by hot water.

Or when it's a really hot day (or when i'm not feeling well), cold water + a few icecubes over the icecatcher and wow, so refreshing. such cool. much high :D

(yeah, i love that meme)

20. #20 JayStreet, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Yea but what about my questions above?

"When concentrate vapor passes through cold water, why does it reform and condense back into wax? Does warm water prevent this? Or does warm water slow down an inevitable reformation process, meaning that the vapor will reform no matter what once cooled?

I am trying to prevent this reformation from happening in my body! Since I have been dabbing through my bong with cold water, I get yellow flakes of wax reclaim towards the top. This only leads me to believe some of this is getting in my throat and lungs...and if it's as hard to clean out of my bong, it probably isn't coming out of your lungs easily!

Will concentrate vapor always reform and condense once cooled? If I use ONLY my pen, is this vapor reforming in my lungs since it is the final cooling place for the vapor?"