Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bong help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kickflip2Chippy, Apr 23, 2009.

1. I recently made a homemade bong, via SEMS1's Bong Making Guide. I followed it to the letter.

For the bowl, I used the end of a standard hose, and then put a filter from the faucet in to keep the weed from falling in.

Now, my dilemma is this:

Whenver I hit it, the lighter ALWAYS goes out. If I suck hard enough to get the flame on the weed, it goes out as soon as it begins to bubble. I don't know what the problem is, or how I can fix it. My bong is fairly airtight, but no one is perfect, and on my home-made pipe the flame holds up fine.

Any wisdom for this apprentice toker?

2. That happens to me sometimes. What you have to do is slowly suck until your sucking hard enough to pull the flame in. Its kinda hard to expain and im blazed:smoking:.

3. This is right, inhale not so hard first when you pull the flame down, then start inhaling harder gradually as the greens catches on fire.

4. ^^^^^, or you can use a blue flame or BBQ lighter- that shouldnt go out as easily.
    Soldering irons also work very well.

5. Get a better lighter man. Problem solved.

6. This. Also, you are definitely pulling way too hard. Go easy next time, and it shouldn't be a problem;)